Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>i ordered the rally hood i've been talking about!!!

it is the last one in america for al least a while

it should be here tuesday or wednesday next week</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#000000'>500 large
sry last one in north america new for a while</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>you are so lucky dude. that hood is tight. get some pics once you put it on.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#000000'>it didn't come in today maybe it will tommorrow.
i got to get it painted too. so maybe some time this week, i can get together.
this one shop, their reputation is ok.
he said 200 for the hood to be painted, 500 for the whole car, and 800 for the whole car plus body work.
i really only have the cash to get the hood painted. but it would be nice to have the whole thing redone.
here is the scoop tho. i still got to get a new ecu for my new harness to get it running. i have to straiten the frame some, buy 2 new tires, and re-do the turbo kit, i am thinking swap the 3sgte in it on my new setup, but i'm not sure yet.
so i still have lots to do before i spend a grand on body mods.
so should i just get the hood painted?</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Yea..They usually can do a really good job of making the gloss look the same. I had my frontal work all done later and you couldnt even tell the paintjob was newer. It all looked new
He cleaned my car up good heh..</font>

·
Registered
202 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Don't even paint the hood yet....Keep it ghetto and when it's all done go spanck some slick looking car  

It's worth every penny...</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#000000'>it's 2pm and it's still not in yet.

i want my hood

blaze: wtf?
ghetto? i'll leave the ghetto to you</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font color='#000000'>no you are ghetto.
lol
well, it didn't come today either, but they kindly explained to me that the freight got caught up in a snow storm but WILL be here tommorrow afternoon.

as far as the rest of the car, i need a 92 ecu for my car. af anyone has one i will be glad to hook them up with parts or something.
i put the turbo back on and have to secure the exhaust downpipe and put my muffler back on.
other than that, it is getting close. i will prob invest in a tow bar and take it to the muffler shop to have them redo the that stuff.
i got some pics, but i'll be patient til tommorrow when i have the hood on. i have another question, or need an opinion.
i have no latch under my hood, and the hood is secured by hood pins now. do i ?
buy new hood pins, or re work a hood latch into the frame,
hood pin options, esp s i don't get my hood stolen(also so i can use my old hood at the track.) the cotter pin types, with silver backings. or i can use the kind with the locks in them.
all require drilling into my precious hood!!! but provide a secure closure.
what should i do?</font>

1 - 20 of 66 Posts