Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>tonight coming back from dinner i pulled up at this stop light next to this 70s model corvette with its engine spralwed out of the hood and huge pipes and mufflers.(-pretty intimidating huh?)
well the light went green we took off and my lead was short lived to say the least, raaaaaa!!!! whoosh right past me!
lol
like i wasn't even there

that ought to teach my ass!
</font>

·
Registered
683 Posts
<font color='#000000'>and like we dont loose a ton of gas when we punch it off the line?

granted not as bad as thiers..but still

im sorry...you just cant beat the power of a v8 with a hemi...</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i can have respect for the v8...but still, around herer in okie-homa they have so much hate and talk so much crap about imports that ive lost most of all respect for them</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Damn Red, that sucks... But yeah, who knows how much money was put into that car, and that old school v8 muscle def isn't something to mess with.  I'm sure if you had as much money as he put into his car though you'd have def given him a worthy race.

Spiffy:  :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>vtec where do u live in oklahoma?
i'm in tahlequah(near tulsa)

shea-it, i beat that z28 and got a big head.
i knew i couldn't take him tho.
as far as sinking $$$ into the mr2 i am concidering a turbo upgrade. i was looking at greddy t67's and maybe td06sh (budget minded) i've heard great things about them both, but the $$$ is kinda an issue. the t67 is like $3000 and the td06sh costs anywhere from 1200 to 2000
i wonder if the t4's can compare with the numbers and flow capabilities of these guys. because the mr2 is fun but most of the power is in 1-2 and part of third. 4th and 5th are slow, not na slow but slow still.alot of the greddy kits have such better efficiency that you can get more power off of less boost.which is less stress on the engine.
well if i can sell the celi maybe i can get the cash together to buy one of these things.

btw meryem i found a buyer, and atleast it isn't completely leaving my hands just my budget.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#000000'>sweet you are in tulsa!!!
lets go cruise some time.
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>The celi Red?  Awwww :down:  I mean I'm glad you found a buyer but still, I'm gonna be sad to see that red raging monster leave.  HOWEVER it'll give me a chance to be the fastest on the site!
 yeah right...  

Keep us posted on the turbo upgrade, sounds like it'll be really sweet!
</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah i live in tulsa, you should come in on a sat or fri night and see if you can spot me and my red gt rolling down memorial, i wanna see the turbo</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font color='#000000'>see the weekend before last i was in tulsa, and all i spotted was a domestic crowd at the taco barfo at 47th & memorial.
there were some ppl out but that was the only crew.
i used to know this toyota club, out of tulsa. i still talk to them every once in a while, but i dont ever see them.
i'm on vacation this weekend plus this snow. so i can't come down this weekend, but maybe next. you could always meet in muskogee or here down in 'the quah'. gimme a time and i'll meet you down there.
we'll bring both cars down, the solara and the mr2. and if i can convince my lil bro to hop the celica into shape the celica can come too.</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
<font color='#000000'>blah, yeah, when i do stop to hang i stop at the army surplus at 41st, thats where all the import crew hangs, and gobs of toyotas, my friend in his 91 turbo supra and his bros 91 turo sup, along with a couple of Truenos and Corollas and some newer twin turbos so its nicer down the road

plus, no cops down there!</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#000000'>
shut up ralph!
this is redneck country

po-dunk street racing club yeeee hawl !</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, here all you have to have to be cool is an APC sticker and a chrome tip on your muffler and your an offical streetracer that can run a 13.5 sec 1/4 mile

its sickening when you see a 96 ford contour with a coffeecan exhaust... :down:</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#000000'>you can go ahead and make fun of our cars
</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey im new to this site and i have an 89 gt-s in process of rebuilding an st165 engine for it.I had it running a while ago but the timing chain snaped and complete f***ed up the valves and rods.I also have an 84 chrysler laser turbo thats runin 13's. does anyone have any ideas onwhat car i should  get next an mr2 gt or a celica-supra.</font>

1 - 20 of 37 Posts