Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so there's a few things i want to know. 1: is is a good idea to get one of these as a first car? and 2: are they relatively easy to work on? my grandfather said he owned several and they were easy to work on, but he has a mk1 celica supra, a mk2 celica supra and a 4th gen celica gt.

so as far as buying one:
im having a difficult time finding one in my area in the spec i want.
must haves: sub 130k miles, 6 speed manual, no mods, no rust
wants (im perfectly fine without them): Action Package, silver or black paint, 2003+

wondering if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell me? or if my budget (3500-4500) is even enough for the spec I want? I don't know my way around these very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
a 7th gen is alot different than your grandfather's cars but they're still fairly easy to work on/maintain. Learning to drive manual on one of this is kinda difficult but other than that its a good first car although I would also say a 6th gen would be better just for a first car. Why do you want a 03+ model? IMO those models are butchered. Lower rev limit + drive by wire. Finding one from any year with low miles like that is going to be expensive/difficult atleast in my area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a 7th gen is alot different than your grandfather's cars but they're still fairly easy to work on/maintain. Learning to drive manual on one of this is kinda difficult but other than that its a good first car although I would also say a 6th gen would be better just for a first car. Why do you want a 03+ model? IMO those models are butchered. Lower rev limit + drive by wire. Finding one from any year with low miles like that is going to be expensive/difficult atleast in my area.
the main reason i want an 03+ is because of the improved reliability, i learned manual not too long ago on a 2020 mustang ecoboost so it wont be too difficult? imo the 6th gen has too little power for my taste, i want something at least a little quick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts