Toyota Celica Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so can anyone tell me why stupid hondas on the street try to rev up to me in their moms 91 civic dx or some other pieces of crap honda makes? And why do they try to make them look like if they can be fast with all these bodykits and huge wings like if it makes it any faster.  :notify:  just wanted to know if any of you have had any experiences with these waste of time races.

·
Registered
563 Posts
my previous car before the celica as a 89 honda civic gl hatch.

it was getting towards the *end* of its lifespan. 340,000km on the clock though. the little 1.5L engine loves to rev, a stack more then the 2.2L in the celica. thats to be expected though. transmission is a buttload smoother. no-one makes transmissions like honda. they are really quite good cars. as far as mods all i had was a non-factory muffler, put it on when the factory muffler rusted though. soudnded a stack better pretty much no perfromance difference though.

as far as putting silly wings and body kits i cant understand that but if you want a car that is a pretty reliable and cheap to run whilst still being quite a bit of fun to drive you can do alot worse than a honda. the integra's are quite nice to drive as well.

that said i dont think i'd trade in my celica quite yet

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
hondas aren't my favorite cars either and im glad we have some thing to talk about now, but can we keep the honda bashing to a minimum. even though you ar right

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
No Redswan says "lets bash Mr. J's face instead!"

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey wassup y'all.  i don't think hondas are that bad or "suck".  i have a '97 celica right now because my '94 civic coupe got stolen and i love both cars.  i think both honda and toyota are great companies and they both produce hot cars.  and honda are pretty damn fast just like toyotas.  there's a CRX down here that runs 9 seconds in the quarter.  it smoked a viper last month.  and there's an MR2 here that is turbocharged with nitrous that runs 11's.  bottom line is both toyotas and hondas can be tuned to put up impressive numbers and both deserve respect.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dont know anything about how honas perform.... i hate it because of little things.... 1. the steering wheels are gay.... my moms oddyssy is too thin my friend's civic is is too small.... my friends accord is both...2. IS has no hand rest.... the odyssy has uneven hand rests that are too far apart for a normal human to use at the same time. 3. uncomfortable...iam used to fitting snuggly in my celica. but with hondas iam used to trying not to fall off the seat. 4 except for the delsol they all look like family cars not racing.5. IS only comes in hatchback(the gay kind not the good one like the 6th gen celica) 6. there is allot more but i guess you probably got bored by the time you read 4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.