Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So that's never a good thing.

Although it's only while the car is on. Say I'm standing still or driving real slow with the blowers or fans on, idk what it's called. If I turn off the fans I smell nothing. And if I just drove the car and park it, it smells outside of the car to.
It doesn't smell like gas when it's been parked for long periods of time. There's also no puddles of gas anywhere. And it didn't smell like gas before I did the repairs, I think.

I've just done some repairs to the top and while doing so I forgot to plug up the extra fuel thing and for some reason it sprayed out small amounts of gas all over my engine and garage floor, but that should have vaporized by now I suppose.

Sorry for my english, it seems to be failing me too.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
you could be leaking fuel somewhere. could be lots of things. injectors, fuel filter, fuel lines, etc.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I had a fuel leak once, came from where the fuel line connected to the fuel filter after I changed it, I would check the lines first, they are the most likely to erode and leak first.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Im having the same problem as well i just changed my fuel filter, the lines look good to me, how can I find the problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna try looking for bubbles an dripping around the fuel filter and line then, with the motor running. See how that goes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a similar problem with leaking primarily while the car was running. Turned out to be a leak in the pressure line. (hence no real leak with the car not on.) Does it appear to be dripping if you let it idle and peer underneath? If so, whereabouts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
:rolleyes:mine happened to be the top of my fuel filter, if ou changed it make sure its nice and tight mine wasnt.

·
Registered
Toyota Celica 1993
1 Posts
So that's never a good thing.

Although it's only while the car is on. Say I'm standing still or driving real slow with the blowers or fans on, idk what it's called. If I turn off the fans I smell nothing. And if I just drove the car and park it, it smells outside of the car to.
It doesn't smell like gas when it's been parked for long periods of time. There's also no puddles of gas anywhere. And it didn't smell like gas before I did the repairs, I think.

I've just done some repairs to the top and while doing so I forgot to plug up the extra fuel thing and for some reason it sprayed out small amounts of gas all over my engine and garage floor, but that should have vaporized by now I suppose.

Sorry for my english, it seems to be failing me too.
Your English is superb, along with your Grammer and punctuation. An English teacher would give u an A+ lolol😹😹😹 have u noticed anything else or had any other issues?? Email me if possible [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts