Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>i quit my job tonite i am so sick of those fat nasty managers. i picked up a pt job at burger king just to get some extra cash for my new car. well i've been there about a month and i am so sick of being there. these fat i mean huge managers are my bosses(nothing personal against fat people but they are huge
) and all they do is sit in the office and eat. anyway i came to work tonite kinda in a bad mood. i got there and the day manager let one of his ppl go and she didn't put fresh food down before she left, so a rush hits and im stuck with bad food. he's like why are all those lights red? you need to put all fresh stuff down now i was like gee i don't know maybe you shouldn't have let ur ppl go w/o doing that first. so my night mgr comes in 30 min late and 2 ppl called in and im stuck in back by my self for an hour getting griped at.
anyway i started to get pissed and started shooting off my m,outh and so i got put on cleaning duty cleaning odd stuff just to keep me busy for punishment i guess. (i.e. their office and break room ) then i had to do both cleaning my station and the misc tasks. meanwhile fatty is in there eating.
anyway i started to sass her and i think she wrote me up i was like fine send me home. she said she wouldn't cause we were short handed.  :p
so anyway break rolled around and my g/f said to just come home. so i came back in and told them bye and  the mgr wouldn't come talk to me so we drove thru the grive thru and told her i quit
</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
<font color='#000000'>####.. yeah i'm at mcdicks.. The managers there are fine, mind you they're not personally anguished because of their size

Yeah I totally know how you feel.  There're some nights I just want to punch every single customer right in the face.  Making 6.50 and hour sure is hell, especially when you feel like a public slave
</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>same here. i work at pizza slut i mean hut. the same sh!t happened to me tonight. the stupid manager (who by the way is also fat) sends everyone home saying it wont get busy and even if it does i got ralph here. then 9 o clock rolls by and everyone in the whole damn city decides to order at the same time. oh and where is my most helpful manager you say? hes off eating at jack in the box across the street. oh and to make matters worse my newest manager who used to be a cook just like me is being a little b!tch. just cause hes manager now he thinks he can just punk me around. ive been there way longer than his punk ass. they even offered the manager position to me right before they asked him but i have to go to school so i cant work those hours. and anyways hes threatning me like "if you dont do this i'll write u up" and i told him go ahead if you want me to get fired ok i'll fuken quit then! so after hes all "i'm sorry i had to yell". stupid bastard.
the only reason i dont quit is that the head manager of the place is friends with my bro and he treats me real good and gives me the hours i want on the days that i want. sorry about the long a$$ post but when i read swans post it got me all worked up.</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>champion red. iv enever had the oopurtunity to quit in disgust. one day one day. and yeah minimum wage blows goats.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lol good job swan, only thing that sux now is job hunting, took me a month to land my new job.

anyway you should have gone through the drive through orded some food and when they handed you the food, you shoulda said... "O fatass, i hate to bother you while your eating but. i kinda quit so, have fun cookin and not eatin tonight."

and dont worry i used to work at Roses, the most god aweful place to work in the world, cleaning the bathrooms, i lasted 2 1/2 months, cause im a good worker and get the job done, well i broke my knuckle in the 2 1/2 month period, doctor told me i cant work until i get cast off, so they hired new ppl, i went in and quit, i was so happy, (2001) but now i quit hospital cause i was gonna get fired.. i threw a small peice of ice at a co-worker. and they were gonna fire me after being there for about a year. and now i work at Springs makin 7.36 an hr and bout to get multiple raises soon  :p    

anyway hope you find a better job swan (even though that might be impossible to find a job that is fun)</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>see here i make 5.15/hr so that sucks right off the bat. and this girl i work with her daughter died(8 yr old) and she had to come in. and this other girl who was very unhappy with me leaving i think she was threatening me... but anyway she got in a wrek one day and this huge knot on her head she still had to come in.</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>I'm only 15 and I'm making 7.10 an Hour at my job..and it's SUCH a slack job..I sit there bouncing a tennis ball, playing cards, or whatever else that'll amuse me during my shift
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Wow..I've been at my new job for about 6 months now..After 3 months I got a 1.10 Raise..</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>you know what swan your lucky you quit, cause if a co-workers daughter died and she had to come in, i woulda quite right then and there.</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i get a lousy 14.825 AU and thats not working fast food thats in a decent job
erk.</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by Ralph96gt@June 30 2003,12:20
<font color='#000000'>same here. i work at pizza slut i mean hut. the same sh!t happened to me tonight. the stupid manager (who by the way is also fat) sends everyone home saying it wont get busy and even if it does i got ralph here. then 9 o clock rolls by and everyone in the whole damn city decides to order at the same time. oh and where is my most helpful manager you say? hes off eating at jack in the box across the street. oh and to make matters worse my newest manager who used to be a cook just like me is being a little b!tch. just cause hes manager now he thinks he can just punk me around. ive been there way longer than his punk ass. they even offered the manager position to me right before they asked him but i have to go to school so i cant work those hours. and anyways hes threatning me like "if you dont do this i'll write u up" and i told him go ahead if you want me to get fired ok i'll fuken quit then! so after hes all "i'm sorry i had to yell". stupid bastard.
the only reason i dont quit is that the head manager of the place is friends with my bro and he treats me real good and gives me the hours i want on the days that i want. sorry about the long a$$ post but when i read swans post it got me all worked up.</font>
<font color='#000000'>hey man i think it sounds like you need come work for dominos. ive been with them for like 5 years and have had no complaints. they are complete profesionalls. the only problem i had was one of the franchises i work for was owned by a dumb ass guy that kept bounceing my pay checks. left his a$$ flat and im now manageing a store in a franchise of like 27 stores in austin tx. give it a shot man ive worked for all the damn pizza places and this one the best.

redswan: i know how you feel man i was working for sonic for a while after i left that one store that was crappy work man. i think i lasted maybe 2 weeks.</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Well, I work in a garage at Sears.  Sears Automotive, and the pay isn't all that great but we have a lot of freedom when it's not busy.  In an 8 hour day, we get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch.  But we usually take a 45 with two 20 minute breaks.  (a lot of freedom)  But I'm always around cars and doing what I like to do.  The pay is 8.18 Canadian, which isn't great for the work I do.  We should be getting somthing around 10 dollars an hour.  Also, we get disounts on everything such as wipers, tire cleaner, oil, jumper cables, just little things for your car.  Not to mention I also get discount for the maintenence jobs such as oil changes, new tires, tire repairs, alignment, etc.  It's really good.  I'll even be able to bring my future celica in and work on it.  I have my own hoist and everything.  I really enjoy it.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font color='#000000'>thats cool but this might beat it.
i help out at the local shop on special projects :suspect:
and just anything really. well i don't get paid but i do get to use all the tools free, keep my cars there for months and all i have to do is help out.
</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Then you're set.  You cant do better.   It's like having your own shop.  It's great. :grin:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Congrats on quitting Red, it sounds like it was a real pain to work there, and that's awful that they made that poor woman come in when her daughter died... just horrible

Wow, there are a lot of bad jobs out there, and some really bad stories about managers, you poor people you (((hug)))!  :grin:</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Now with all that free time you can work on making your signature smaller, I mean geezus!  Does anyone else hate scrolling past that thing?  Don't get me wrong,  I love the cars
</font>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts