Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>My mass flow sensor went out on my celi and i either need a new one or a way to bypass it. i will be looking at junkyards and i found one on ebay for bout $75 but the auction wont finish for a week and i need my celi. HELP! give me any ideas or help you can.  :down: Any help would be appreciated. A free sensor from someone would make me eternally grateful cause i will already be having to pay the mechanic for finding the problem and to install the new one.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>does your maf completely regulate your fuel system?  if it goes out all that should happen is some jumpy idle and hesitation in acceleration.</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>it completely regulates. will not allow it to start with out it. I know it sucks. looks like im gonna have to dish out $210 to get the refurbished one because my parents want their car back in one more day. ya my life sucks
:down:</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>I would jhull but i haf to pay for the refurbished one for $215 and it will be installed tommorrow. I had to because my parents wanted the car i was borrowing back so i didnt have more time to look for better deal. Oh well. :down:

Mereyem: you thot i had a new celi?  Nope just a fast 86 GT-S
dont get a chance to race much unfortunately.

Oh by the way i am going to paint parts of my engine when i get it back. It will look sweet. Ill try to get b4 and after pics. I'm going with red and black. Hope fully it will turn out good and look sweet!
</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>well the celi is back up and running thanks to the new sensor. man it feels great to be driving it again after not having it for two weeks.  downside is that im $275 dollars poorer. oh well i had to have it back.  Ya i hope to do the engine paint soon. sometime when i dont have to move it afterwards and can let it dry. my plan is to make the lettering on the block red, with the block being black
then ill make the exhaust manifold cover bright red cept for the warning sign.  i will make the intake manifold black except for the shiny plate it has on it that says T-VIS in red. I also am planning to paint the bar that runs across the engine(dont know the name) red. Hope fully it will have the look i want.  :alien:</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts