Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>ok guys i just got a 2003 Toyota Celica GT-S 2 days ago and it is my first manual transmission (6-Speed) and i wanted to know what i got to do to get a GOOD launch on the celica cause all the launches i've did the engine lost power for like a split sec. so please someone help me i'm tired of not winning races i know i should be winning</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>well i know my bros matrix he used to have had the gts engine and the same tranny and i know that the gts doesnt get good power untill 6000 rpm so its hard to get a good launch. i dont really know about how to shift good seeing that i have an auto but if i were to guess i would suggest reving it to 6000 rpm and then shifting it to first to try to get a decent launch. but hey what do i know.</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>just dont rev it too high, youll just spin the tires, i lost 3 races to a freakin civic cuz all i did was spin them the first 50 ft...i think the best way to launch is off of a rolling start, go 20 in second and push in the cluch, rev it high and drop it.  youll take off hella fast..thats how i win</font>

·
Registered
101 Posts
<font color='#000000'>To get good launches, especially in a fwd car, make sure your not dropping the clutch, at high or low rpms. Thats gonna give you some squeakin'.I say ease off the clutch at around 3 grand and you should be good, although I've never raced in a 2003 Celica</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Keep practicing with it and soon enough you'll get the hang of it but until then just try to let the clutch off and press the gas at the same speed and don't peel out otherwise you'll have some catching up to do.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts