Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.  I just got a '97 celica ST 5-speed.  although the car looks good, it's not very fast.  i looked all over the aftermarket and found no parts for my car.  i was talking to this guy in my apt. complex and me and him were talking about an mr2 turbo engine swap.  i was reading all these posts about engine swaps but I'm engine code ignorant when it comes to toyotas.  I used to own a '94 honda civic coupe and I knew everything about those engines, but nothing about toyota engines.  I would like to do an engine swap or maybe rip parts off another engine and put them onto mine. also I would like to turbocharge my engine after i swap or rebuild it and I'd like to know what's the best turbo brand to go with and what other components I'd have to get.  and of course i'll go with stand alone engine management.  i heard that AEM makes one now that's supposedly easy as hell to deal with and runs around $1800.  if anyone on this site is extremely knowledgable in celica engine swaps/rebuilds then can you please suggest an engine swap or engine rebuild or if the mr2 or mr2 turbo engine is good?  also, if any of you have done engine swaps or rebuilds then can you tell me some prices for the engines or parts?  i just got my car 2 weeks ago so i'm pretty much ignorant about celicas so if anyone could help me then that would be great.  thanx a lot

·
Registered
212 Posts
i dont know much about the celica engines either but you can always go buy a shop guide for your car at any toyota dealership. sorry i cant help more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh thanx...don't worry about it man...thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts