Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#FF0000'>Ok guys..I think I found the perfect car.  I need some good advice.  Ok..here it is.

1994 dark blue Celica.

5 spd, 2 dr., 1.8, 4 cyl., alloy wheels, sunroof, bucket seats, AM-FM stereo, cassette, power windows, power locks, power mirrors, tilt wheel, anti-lock brakes, ps, rear spoiler, dark blue w/ black interior, very clean, one owner, b/o. 169,000 kms. $8,500 Canadian.  And approx $6000 American.

Now, this is probably the best deal I've found.  It's the car I want and everything.  It's a private sale, so I could probably get the proce down to $7000 Canadian, $4300 American. So what do you think?  Should I get it? Is it a good deal?  Am I being ripped off?  And dont forget, these cars are hard to find in Toronto.  So..Let me know what you all think.  Thank you!</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Gio..Being I'm Canadian I know how hard those are to find that cheap..I'd definately say go for it if you can bring him down a little...Good luck
</font>

·
Registered
86 Posts
<font color='#810541'>yeah, i gotta agree, unless it's a GT, I don't think you'll like it..  ???

But nevertheless, it's all about the purpose. If you need the car for driving pleasure, comfort and good look, go for it, at this price it's kinda a good deal.

But be careful if it's really in that good shape. Try it out, get it service checked even and then, when you got a feeling of that car, go for it and even argue on the price..

Wish you luck !!</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#FF0000'>It is a GT.  So with that said...What do you guys think about that?  With it being a GT, do you all think i'm getting my money's worth?</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Yea now definately if it's a GT you'll most likely be happier performance wise..So I'd say try and get it before someone else does
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>in your post you described an stx, not a gt.  if the person selling it to you said that it's a 1.8gt, then he's lying to you.  it's an stx, and again, if you buy it, you'll be disappointed.</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#FF0000'>How do you know it's an stx?  Just curious...</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Ahh I didn't even notice, you can tell by the engine specs and etc..I believe spiffy is right..</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts