Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently brought a 01 celica gt n it was in bad shape so I start working on it , I replace a headgasket n I sent the head cylender to be resurface , I put a new oil pump , new water pump , new oil control sensor , new timing chain .
I did crank 3 0r 4 times but I have to maintain my foot in gas pedal so it don't stall , but it cuts off , I try to crank it again but the starter clicks n replace it for a new one , and then I find out the I had a relay blow
( c/opn relay ) , I replace it also.
The car still won't crank n the stater clicks.
If you guys can help me please
Thank you so much .

·
Registered
99 Posts
I recently brought a 01 celica gt n it was in bad shape so I start working on it , I replace a headgasket n I sent the head cylender to be resurface , I put a new oil pump , new water pump , new oil control sensor , new timing chain .
I did crank 3 0r 4 times but I have to maintain my foot in gas pedal so it don't stall , but it cuts off , I try to crank it again but the starter clicks n replace it for a new one , and then I find out the I had a relay blow
( c/opn relay ) , I replace it also.
The car still won't crank n the stater clicks.
If you guys can help me please
Thank you so much .
Same problem but solved. The starter motor needs to be removed and the contacts for the gear engage need to be cleaned..Easy job with a little sand paper. Youtube has some good vids of this. Google "Celica starter clicks before turning over"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts