Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>My Celica has some water spots in one of the corners of the little side window(It's a GT Coupe) and I want to get rid of them once and for all. I'm not sure what to use and want to know if there is anything like from the kitchen or an inexpensive solution to get rid of them. Also the plastic linning above and around the front doors(the plastic that keeps the water out) is all water spotted and kinda fadded or something...I need to get rid of this also. Any solutions anyone???  
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>you can try diluting some vinegar in water (1:5) and wiping those areas with that... if it doesn't work try making it a bit stronger (1:3 or 1:2) and that should get those off.  You should be able to use it stronger on the glass and weaker on the molding.  If it doesn't work, go to an auto accessory shop, any place that specializes in auto parts and sells cleaners and waxes and stuff and ask them what you can use, they should have something they can reccommend.  Good luck and let us know how it goes  :)</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I actually haven't used this on glass or any trim yet, but I'm sure it works, as I've mainly used it on the side mirrors. It's called something like Nothin's Better (?) & is a white flour-like powder. It works wonders on those mirrors, which are like a laminate on plastic & are easy to scratch. But this stuff doesn't...it's great!
</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Hey, thanx for the tips..I'll try the vinegar solution first if that doesn't work as well, I'll try the powder.
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Good thing she doesn't know Vinegar fades your paint instantly..Err I mean..yea good luck!</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I just found out that Turtle wax (5 bucks a can) and a buffer will shine up just about any old celica's paint! It's amazing!  My buddie's friend is an autobody technician and showed me it.  You have to dilute it with a couple sprays of water from a spray bottle, but other than that! All the spots are gone from my hood!  crazyyy..</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>QUOTE
Frosty66 Posted on June 09 2003,6:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good thing she doesn't know Vinegar fades your paint instantly..Err I mean..yea good luck![/B]
 :angry:  

I found this on http://www.howtocleananything.com... it's on how to clean hard water stains from windows but you maybe able to also use it on the tubing too:
"How can I clean dried on, very hard water stains from windows, on both my house and car?

Commercial window cleaning companies will use an acid wash, but sometimes white vinegar and a green scotch brite scrubbing pad are enough to remove hard water stains. If the stains are very bad, the only effective solution is to wash the window with steel wool and soapy water. Mix a few drops of liquid dish soap in a small pail of warm water, and apply this to the window. Scrub the window with #000 very fine steel wool (This is much finer than most pot scrubbers, which could damage the window). Rinse thoroughly with water, and finish by using a window squeegee or wash as you normally would with window cleaner and a dry cleaning rag. "  I would use the steel wool as a last resort on that soft plastic  ???</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font color='#000000'>Vinegar fades the paint???....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Your joking right?
 :eek:o:</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font color='#000000'>Hey, I tried the Steel Wool thing and it worked great!! I put some window cleaner on it and then lightly rubbed out the water spots on the glass and it even worked really well on the rubber part of the doors!!! Yah!!!  :cool:</font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts