Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to say this first before anything:

This is only to spark conversation and nothing I say or anyone else says should be taken personally.

With that said, I frickin hate Honda's.  They are everywhere and any dipstick in the world could mod one up and make it look decent and I still see half trash with a H logo on the hood.  They look like they were thrown together in 30 min's by a bunch of inbred's from Uncle Jethro's family reunion.  That is why I am hard core Toyota (especially Celicas).  I've had a fourth gen. convertible, a fifth gen. GT hatchback, and a seventh gen. GT-S and they have all proved to be outstanding performers with a great deal of thorough engineering.  Let's face it the 5s-fe engine is just about indestructible and the 3s-gte is such a great performing engine it's used in the Tom's Castrol racing cars (if I'm not mistaken).  

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree.. the only reason to buy a honda is to strip it and start over with preformance parts. you spend more money and your still stuck with a honda. It may go fast but every other person you see will have the same car and prolly the same mods. Oh .. and in Sac... you won't have it long.. #1 target for theives.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I like Honda's. I think they are well built cars and are right on par with your Celica's.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
I miss Mr. T

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
yes

·
Registered
111 Posts
However, the new preludes are really really nice. Also, consumer reports ranked Hondas new ridgeline better than the Tundra. I didn't think the ridgeline was that great at first sight. Anyone rode in a ridgeline?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
That is all a matter of personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
my 82 civic will zoom right by your celica....

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
in terms of motors and trannys hondas a really reliable, but their patented double wishbone suspension seems to eat ball joints and other suspension parts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts