Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What range of mileage would you all think to be acceptable on a 1990 Celica GT-S. Right now i am working on a deal on this car for a very good price, the car is in good mechanical order from what i can tell but it has 270000 Km (170000 miles) on it. How long do Celicas usually go if there well maintained would I be able to get a few years out of it??

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's hard to say how long a car will last but that model celica was built like a tank.  I bought one a few years ago with 124,000 miles on it and now my sister drives it at about 160,000 miles and I haven't had to get anything repaired.  It runs like day I got it.  I wouldn't be suprised if it lasted to 250,000 miles.  Good luck if with your car if you decide to buy, I personally highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
my 5sfe went for 264000 miles before i ran outta oil and ruined the engine.. thought it was time for a new engine so i drove it home

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, i think im going to go for it, im getting a steal on the car the owner doen't think its running (dead battery) so lets just say hes letting it go at a fair price...heh

·
Registered
212 Posts
yeah i got the same deal on a chevy pickup. the owner thoughtthe engine was about to give out and needed a new one. i bought it for 5,500.00(it was worth 11,000.00) took it home and put new spark plugs, wires, and rotor for the distributer and it ran like a dream. the best part was that he thought it was a v6, but i happily drove off knowing it was a 5.7ltr v8......haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts