Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I have no idea why it’s still idling high I replaced the idle control valve and the sensor but if I cover the iac valve to the throttle body and it idles fine (hmmmm). replaced my coolant sensor used my multimeter to check it (it checked out) no vacuum issue despite the 29yr old hoses, but the car also stalls if I break a little hard, but I’m deducting at this point that the iac I bought is busted and I’ll have to order another 1. But I’m hoping that’s not the case and someone has experienced this and knows what’s going right over my head.
Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have you cleaned the little valve here? It gets carboned up. Easy to remove, use carb cleaner. Put a rag or something under your work when removing it. Don't want to drop one of the little parts down onto the frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you cleaned the little valve here? It gets carboned up. Easy to remove, use carb cleaner. Put a rag or something under your work when removing it. Don't want to drop one of the little parts down onto the frame.
View attachment 31671
Yup that’s the iac I referred to in my op but I took off my entire throttle body and unscrewed the iac and let it soak in carb cleaner put it all back together still didn’t work then I bought a new iac and sensor put them on and here I am lol. Thank you though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts