Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>First of all, this site is awesome!! I've had my red '00 Celica since June '00, and I LOVE it!! I do a lot of skiing though, and I was wondering if anyone knows the best, cheapest, and least damaging method of using ski racks for my car.  I bought some magnetic ones on E-bay and they seem nice but right on the box, it says not for use on Toyota Celica.  I haven't tried to see if they might work yet, but I'm not going to chance losing my skis on the road or scratching my roof.  Thanks for your help and again, this site rocks!

Kate</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY! ANOTHER GIRL!!!! Welcome, Kate! I have a 2000 red Celi too! I've never skiied unfortunately so I don't know anything about that kinda stuff.. But welcome to the boards!  :thumbsup:</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the welcome! I'm reading up on the *other* new girl and getting some tips....unfortunately, I live and go to school in Boston so I have no funding for cool stuff, and it would probably get stolen anyways  :glare:

*sigh*, maybe someday.....</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>I wouldnt put any racks on your car if u value it. most racks collect dirt inbetween and when u take them off it scatches the car. what size skis u using? u have a hatch fold down the back seat and put them inside just rap them up after being used to keep the car clean. I use to ski everyweekend no time no more
o well welcome to the board</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Woot!!!
 Welcome to the boards Kate!!! It's great to have another girl on the site!

I would do like JHull says and just put them in the car, fold down your rear seat and wrap up the skis.  Of course if you have another person in the car it may be a bit awkward. but you can deal with it... I think Toyota sells ski racks for the celica, you can look into that, but they probably have to be bolted on.  But I think if you arn't an avid skiier and only go occasionally then carry them in the car, it'll be easier.  Better than taking the chance to scratch up the roof or something.  I go so rarely I don't even own skiis, I just rent

Welcome to the boards again and good luck!  :thumbsup:</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts