Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Hello! My name is Krysy and I am new here, I am in the process of purchasing my 2000 GT in Silver. She should be home in the next few days!

I am from Long Island, out by the Hamptons... I just sold my Ford Probe to get the Celica and am really excited about it. Though I am starting from scratch again and not quite to sure where to begin!

I also am the president of NNRC - Naughty and Nice, a car club for women. Come check us out sometime! www.naughtyandniceracing.com

If anyone has any helpful advice or tips, I would greatly appriciate it. I know NOTHING about these cars! I need to learn!

Thanks in advance!
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Nice to have you here

I'll warn you about me and Mr. J before hand
We're trouble makers..heh</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>Thanks!

Car dealers are frustrating people to deal with I swear. I think I have been back and forth to that dealer 5 times in the past 2 days!  I am getting a headache from all the #'s.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>yeah dealers are bad, over charge a lot you shoulve gotten a 5th gen celica, were the best...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Welcome to the board Krysy... yeah, watch out for Frosty and MrJ, they're e-pimps and BIG trouble... unless you like trouble... then you'll be okay.  
  CelicaFan's the moderator, he'll tweak your post if he wants to
 That's pretty cool that you have your own club, I'll read more on it later...  Was there anything specific you wanted to know about the 7th gen celica?

Frosty: If 5th gens are the best why didn't you buy Red's off of him?</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Originally posted by Meryem13@July 25 2003,4:12
<font color='#000000'>Frosty: If 5th gens are the best why didn't you buy Red's off of him?</font>
<font color='#990000'>It's funny how she hasn't posted yet since

Meryem: Well 1) He turboed a 180k Celica..2)There were few to many problems..and 3) I'd have to drive back from wayyy down there
</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#000000'>Yay! I got my car!
I picked her up late Thursday night and have been out and about since then cruising around and out at my shop seeing what I can do already... heheh. I've been quite the busy one trying to figure out what I am gonna do first. That and my fiance bought a Harley Davidson F-150 the same day I got the Celica.

I know nothing about the Celica! Nada! Meryem, if there is anything important I should know let tell me please!
I will post pics of her as soon as I take some tomorrow.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Frosty: Oh c'mon, what's a little road trip?

Krysy:  That's great, can't wait to see her!  I know what you mean about driving her about, I think I put 150 miles on mine the first day just driving around, testing her out, getting double takes
 I can't think of anything really important to tell you, but if something should arise I'll let you know, or if you think of something, feel free to ask.  There's a whole bunch of 7th gen owners here to help out with what they can!  Btw, is yours auto or manual?</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#000000'>Manual of course!

I am really excited to meet other Celica owners. I was really active in my Probe club and had a ball with them.

I think I am going to be ordering the clear bumper lenses, a gauge overlay and an intake really soon. Is there any intake that you all reccomend? I see a huge price difference in some of them...</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#000000'>Okay here she is!

My plates have to do with the club, not that I am a bitch

She is 100% stock except the carbon fiber dash kit on the inside. I am sponsored by Motegi so she will be getting new rims in the near future. Just gotta come up with some cash for the tires!!!</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Very nice..Oh your car is nice 2..Nice doggy..Hehe jk..Very nice Krysy! Can't wait till you get some rims
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Oooooh she's gorgeous Krysy!  Just beautiful!  :)  Can I ask how you got sponsored without having any mods done yet?  I'm interested in getting sponsored but I'm not quite sure how to go about it and I read that most cars have to have a certain amount of mods done before they'll sponsor you...  Any info would be appreciated

Also, as per the intake... mines an Injen Race Division Cold Air Intake and I'm really happy with it, it def gives quite a boost!  They also make Injen Cold Air Intake and Injen Short Ram Intake.  AEM is also supposed to be a good brand for celi's... as well as a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.  Here's a pic of my intake (excuse the dirty engine, I need to clean it
)
</font>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font color='#000000'>Thanks!
I Love her already!
My Probe was sponsored by Motegi and Audio XTC Inc. (www.audio-xtc.com) Both companies have transffered my sponsorship onto the new car. Motegi did it mainly because I was just ready to get new wheels from them and I am such a big fan of their product and they loved my old car, they were really interested to see what I would do to this one.

As far as AudioXTC I have now become a business parter there so it is kind of my shop
I guess that really isn't considered a true sponsor anymore!

The best way to go about it is to just send a huge packet of info to companies about you and your car. They like it, they sponsor you! Most of the time it does take quite a bit of mods, but if you go for the newer companies they are more than willing to help out when you have a new car. At Audio XTC we go about it through enthusiasm and brand loyalty. Like if they keep coming back to us for more product or installations we are more than likely to ask them. There was just an article in a mag that I read about how to get sponsored. It is on my club message board, I will dig it up for ya Meryem</font>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts