Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from New Zealand, I bought a 1991 20th anniversary edition GT-R 4WS that sat for around 20 years and am slowly rebuilding it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Good luck. Welcome.
Hope you have patience and a good OHM meter.
My '91 GT with the 5SFE engine only sat for 6 years and I had to replace almost everything since mice and critters made their home and raised their young. Does it run?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. Welcome.
My '91 GT with the 5SFE engine only sat for 6 years and I had to replace almost everything since mice and critters made their home and raised their young. Does it run?
Thank you.
No engine in it currently. Been researching the tems and looking for a steering rack, both equally difficult, plan right now is to reassemble the front hubs and get it on all 4 wheels, then go through the wiring and put a battery in it and see what happens. There isn't any evidence of mice ever being in it, but have found a few very old dead birds amongst the nests that were made

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good luck. Welcome.
I have a '93 GT convertible that sat for a few years and I think mice or squirrels did the same to mine. I'll have it towed to my mechanic later this month to see the damage.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have a '93 GT convertible that sat for a few years and I think mice or squirrels did the same to mine. I'll have it towed to my mechanic later this month to see the damage.
they always find a way to get in the motor. Air cleaner was a solid nest with acorns and cob corn. Plug wires were chewed to the bare wire. Temp sensor connection was completely bare etc. No hoses were chewed though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello from New Zealand, I bought a 1991 20th anniversary edition GT-R 4WS that sat for around 20 years and am slowly rebuilding it
They are not too bad to work on, stripped mine to the bear bones for a RScup car, later it become a production saloon for clay speedway
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts