Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#810541'>hey everyone, its me... just wanted to say whats up and what has everyone been up to? any updates on the cars?</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Well being away from my celica 8 months out of the year has it's disadvantages, being unable to work on my baby the main one of course.  I don't know what you remember last but I'm having engine light troubles, and the last time back they thought they fixed it but it keeps coming back on so I'm worried.  I can't find out what's wrong til I go back in March hopefully, then they'll have a longer time to look into the problem, they're getting valve misfire codes.  I painted my interior the last time back (pics in the interior forum), and I'm thinking about getting a body kit but I don't know which one I want.  Also when I go back, I am going to change my indiglos to reverse glows, I have clear corners I will put on, and I will paint my engine bay plastics and calipers too, put some red hose covers under the hood, and hook up the needle glow kit I bought, oh and also get one of those aluminum chrome guage bezels too.  And maybe by then my red pedals will be in, it's been like 9 months since I ordered them!!!  

What's new with you Hawk?</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#810541'>well i sold the celica to my dad, so i get to still drive it, i fixed the oil leak problem it had a while ago, it was the seals, 250$ later their fixed, i changed the alternator and thats about it with the celica, with the nx i just replaced the transmission, put in a act clutch, new half shaft, new front shocks, motor mount, i polished the valve cover and got a front strut tower bar, but its having problems idling, im going to change the spark plugs, wires, and oil next week, and then see what happends from there... it runs rich, so im going to look in to it with my mechanic

i did drive it today pretty good.. its soo fast.. it felt nice, but i cant go to much cuz of the new clutch.. and i have to pay a speeding ticket.. 181$ that kinda sucks was doing a 78 in a 55... yeah so basically i might buy a JDM Sr20(hopefully i will get the high compression one) and run the baby against everyone around here hehe</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Sounds like things are coming along well with the NSX, too bad you had to sell the celi but at least you get to drive it occasionally
 Sucks about the ticket and once you get the sr20 (turbo right? ) you'll have to be even more careful... unless you plan on racing away from all the cops!  lol  They won't be able to touch you!
</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#810541'>well the thing is i already HAVE an Sr20... but its the non turbo one..</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font color='#810541'>yeah i have a non turbo sr20 and it has rod knock, so i want to get a high compression sr20(10:1) but those are expensive,so i will have to settle for good ol jdm sr20de and put it in... sad hopefully in 2 weeks, i just need to learn to SAVE my money</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts