Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#FF0000'>alright, here's the story.
My boyfriend and I went randomly street racing last night. I was running it fine, won some races, etc. Anyways, he doesn't have a liscense and was begging to drive. So at the end of the night i took him to a country road and told him not to be too rough. I told him to only race the quarter mile (not against anyone, just for fun) and not even red line.. etc. He knows how to race but he's not nealy as good with my car as I am.
So he's getting on it and as soon as he gets to fourth gear he says it slips out to neutral. Oh btw, it sounded like he ###### up for a second in 2nd gear too, but I dunno. Anyways, he slips out of 4th and buries the needle into 9rpm's (as far as it'll go). We can't remember EXACTLY what happened but I think that is the general idea. So this morning I'm driving and I'm at a stop sign, idling in first gear, clutch down etc. and my poor baby is coughing. It sounds like she's idling kinda hard.. I can't really explain the sound... ummm... I dunno. it just sounds like she's coughing.
So my b/f says "oh, well I might have forced the spark plugs to foul out, but you probably needed new ones anyway". so we check them and they are fine. Someone else says it might be a gasket...? but he's a retard supposedly and drives a POS.
Ugh, somebody drive down here and look at Rosie... *L* someone help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

and yes, I know not to ever let my b/f drive again. :down:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by iluvmyceli@Sep. 20 2003,1:04
<font color='#000000'>alright, here's the story.
My boyfriend and I went randomly street racing last night. I was running it fine, won some races, etc. Anyways, he doesn't have a liscense and was begging to drive. So at the end of the night i took him to a country road and told him not to be too rough. I told him to only race the quarter mile (not against anyone, just for fun) and not even red line.. etc. He knows how to race but he's not nealy as good with my car as I am.
So he's getting on it and as soon as he gets to fourth gear he says it slips out to neutral. Oh btw, it sounded like he ###### up for a second in 2nd gear too, but I dunno. Anyways, he slips out of 4th and buries the needle into 9rpm's (as far as it'll go). We can't remember EXACTLY what happened but I think that is the general idea. So this morning I'm driving and I'm at a stop sign, idling in first gear, clutch down etc. and my poor baby is coughing. It sounds like she's idling kinda hard.. I can't really explain the sound... ummm... I dunno. it just sounds like she's coughing.
So my b/f says "oh, well I might have forced the spark plugs to foul out, but you probably needed new ones anyway". so we check them and they are fine. Someone else says it might be a gasket...? but he's a retard supposedly and drives a POS.
Ugh, somebody drive down here and look at Rosie... *L* someone help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

and yes, I know not to ever let my b/f drive again. :down:</font>
<font color='#000000'>retard sounds right, probably a blown gasket or cam seal.  are you burning oil?  what's the oil level at?  why the hell are you letting him race your car?</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#FF0000'>ya know, I haven't even checked my oil level... but I've talked to a few others and they say it might be the gasket. Those are cheap though... I mean, it can't be that bad.. b/c, btw, it only does it SOMEtimes... and it runs beautifully when I drive... just it has that "cough" at times when I idle... I dunno. My best friend's dad is a mechanic so I'll get a second opinion from him tomorrow hopefully.

and I have no idea why I let him drive. He drove it up some homemade ramps trying to change my oil and they broke so he scratched my front bumper all to hell and the little plastic clip thingys broke so my bumper was practically falling off before he came in to tell me. Then the misshifts. ugh.

but he did buy my intake, hyperwhites and btw, new celica floormats. *L* We got them at the junkyard for 15 bucks! *L*</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by iluvmyceli@Sep. 22 2003,8:44
<font color='#000000'>but he did buy my intake, hyperwhites and btw, new celica floormats. *L* We got them at the junkyard for 15 bucks! *L*</font>
<font color='#000000'>oh well in that case you should let him run it into a tree.  then if he gets you a turbo let him total it, it all makes sense.  
o:

you can take it to a jiffy lube or quicky place to get them to check it out for you.  or you could take it to your toyota dealership, most of them do a free inspection to tell you how bad it is and how much they would charge.  then knock off about half that for labor and that's how much it would cost you to do it yourself.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>he ran it up homemade ramps?
o:  i wouldve at least gone to the side of a drive way and drive half way up the curb... lol.. i cant do any of that, i have to use the flat jacks, the other jacks dont fit under my car, they are all to big and my car sits too low....</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#FF0000'>yeah, we learned that we have to jack up one side to change the oil...

spiffy-*lmao* yeah, I guess that wasn't too bright of me.  :blush:

ANYWAYS, I took it to my friends dad (the mechanic) and he said it was simply missfiring and was nothing major but we're still gonna tune it up. whew.</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>you should jack up both sides when dropping the oil out otherwise youll still end up with oil sitting in the lower part of the sump

anyway jsut buy a floor jack one that can quite eaisly hoist up our cars is cheap as chips mine only cost me AU$30 so 20 bucks US.. and remember to get some floor stands as well never get under a car just cupported by a jack
</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#FF0000'>thanks, toof! that makes a lot of sense actually.

well I don't have to worry about Jason misshifting my car anymore... we.... broke up.  :down:
long story.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>sorry to hear that, hope you get better</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>not cool
 on the plus side you can now find a guy that knows how to drive

/me puts hand up..

lol despite being a world away i can drive MUAHAHA
and i know how to change oil without breaking anything lol
</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#FF0000'>thanks, Hawkeye.  :)

toof-sorry, I've got to count you out... I have two requirements for dating guys.
1. live in the same state.
2. don't have kids.
SO. Since you're not in the same state... or.. umm.... the same country... I dunno if it'll work too well. *lmao*
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by iluvmyceli@Sep. 27 2003,1:19
<font color='#000000'>*L* gee, thanks, Spiffy. I frequently enjoy being called... "easy".  
</font>
<font color='#000000'>you'd like my friend.  he only has one criteria for his women : boobs.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv: Hey hun, I wanted to reply even though we had already talked about this online.  It sucks that Rosie is misfiring but at least it's nothing more serious.  You did make up with Jason though right?
And, there's nothing bad about being "easy" lol.  At least you HAVE requirements... unlike me! LMFAO I'm so bad...</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>im easy.. but thats okay, dr. phil said so..</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<font color='#FF0000'>Dr Phil is a dumbass... My mom watches both he and Martha Stewart religiously... We never got along very well.  
o:</font>

1 - 20 of 23 Posts