Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Toyota Celica Gt. I changed the thermostat, bled the system of air and waited for the new thermostat to work, however, after seeing the temp steadily climb and the thermostat not open, I turned the car to prevent overheating. I noticed the fans kicked on but the coolant boiled but did not go down. Is this a temp coolant issue? Waterpump issue? Or should I replace the current thermostat with a lower temp thermostat?? Please help... anyone!!

·
Super Moderator
422 Posts
Have you ever had the radiator flushed/cleaned? Sediment might be building up. Could be the water pump also. What I have done on other cars is, when the engine is cold, remove the radiator cap and start the engine, When the thermostat opens you should see the coolant move/flow. Are you getting any heat when you turn on the heater?
The radiator flush is the easy part, unless your mechanically inclined changing the water pump requires some time and patience. If you change the water pump it's also a good time to do some preventative maintenance and put on a new timing belt and maybe oil pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.