Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am currently having issues getting my 94 celica st202 to fire up. I have recently changed the battery, plugs, and fuel pump. It cranks but just won't start up. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Any solutions to your issue? Mine is still at the mechanic, hasn't had a chance to look at it yet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Head scratcher. The car was sitting in the parking lot of the mechanic for over 3 weeks in below freezing temperatures.
Had it hauled there on a flatbed truck because of the no start issue. Since the weather is getting worse in my area I decided to bring the convertible back home. Mech was too busy to look at it. Just for the sake of it I tried to start it and it fired right up, no problem!!
I guess this means I can't help with your problem....sorry. I was almost hoping they could find something wrong.
Let us know what you find out please. Searching the net sounds like it is a common problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Head scratcher. The car was sitting in the parking lot of the mechanic for over 3 weeks in below freezing temperatures.
Had it hauled there on a flatbed truck because of the no start issue. Since the weather is getting worse in my area I decided to bring the convertible back home. Mech was too busy to look at it. Just for the sake of it I tried to start it and it fired right up, no problem!!
I guess this means I can't help with your problem....sorry. I was almost hoping they could find something wrong.
Let us know what you find out please. Searching the net sounds like it is a common problem.
Forgot to add that when it started the RPMs were really high, above 2k. Stayed that high a long time. I stepped on the brake an put it in D and the RPMs slowed but went right back in neutral. It then slowed somewhat but seemed to go on a hunt. Almost like the ecu was re-learning after all the changes that were made.

·
Registered
104 Posts
For information, the car stalled again. Pulled the throttle position sensor (TPS) and found one contact burned and not making any contact.atall. Pulled the neutral start switch (NSS) on the transmission and found the connecting plug male end corroded, one of the prongs was missing, totally corroded off. Don't know if these two issues would be causing the problems but worth a consideration. Now I have to wait for the new nss to arrive in the mail. :(:(.Will keep you posted also when the part arrives and if it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts