Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>oki heres the deal, im 17 and i got a 1989 celica that is black.  its not the fastest thing in the world but it aint that bad.  nothing has been added to it yet.  if yall guys would help me out and tell me the names of some stuff i need to get and what they do it would help me a great deal. i wanna make my car alot fast.  im talkin parts not just nas and how do u add turbo?  the car is in nice condition and is about to get a paint job and im about to buy a wing spolier for the back, if u have any ideas on a spolier that would look tight hook me up.  plz help me out guys. aight cya.</font>

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font color='#000000'>and btw guys its a celica ST and everything is factory made thats on the car except we added some 14" mustang tires and rims on it</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>if its the 4th gen ST it *should* have the 3sfe engine..

remmeber if you want to turbo the car you not only are looking at $$$ up front but ongoing isnt cheap and insurance will be a nightmare... esp sicne your only 17..

turbo front drivers are always a tricky thing to drive so if you do go turbo you are likley to kill yourself only being 17.

the 3sge would prob be a good engine swap.. 103kW factory. intake and exhaust will bring you to 115-120 without too much grief...

either that or if you *really* want turbo 3sgte significatly more expensive will give you 150kW tuneable to heaps more.

if youve only got the st expect a stack of other stuff to need doing ie brakes
</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>If you want some advice start with your exhaust and intake, try to find a cat-back exhaust system from Apexi or Greddy if price is no object.
If you want to go ahead and put K&N air filter under the hood and that will give you a little HP but not much.
If you plan on getting a turbo check around on the net and maybe some junkyards and you'll find your best prices.
But if you have any questions about your intake or exhaust ask me or the auto parts store i'm sure they'll be happy to help.</font>

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#000000'>what do i need to do to add a turbo to my 91 gt 2.2? the 5sfe</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by ironcitystreet@Mar. 29 2004,11:42
<font color='#000000'>what do i need to do to add a turbo to my 91 gt 2.2? the 5sfe</font>
<font color='#000000'>that's really a pretty broad question.  you should ask yourself what you're getting the turbo for and how much pressure you want to be pushing.  the more the psi the more the hp gain, but at the same time the more things you'll need to buy and to do</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Soon as i get some greenage, im gonna make myself an intake. I saw a few ppl with 5th gens with home made intakes in the pics pages. If u want instructions, there are some somewhere around on this site: www.henryvo.com. He's got some pretty thorough instructions on how to do it, and i've been pricing it, its not too much more than he says it is. Its gonna give me a good start on the modifications i wanna do to me car, and hopefully will lessen the complaints i get out of it at least a little bit
.</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>who ever started this

i have a 86gts and that makes it a littel eseyer but you cant turbo yours you need to get your hands on a welder and some one that knows how to custom a header so you can run turbo other than that its all just pipeing go to a junk yard and but the turbo off a thunder bird 84-88 i think then build you own kit i sujust you get a spare header incase you mees yours up when you have the kit all built make an exsouts 2 1/2inch all the way back dont even use you cat sens it is not needed unless you get emistion tested then keep it on
and for insurane tell them its non-turbo who cares its still a st
all this will cost you like 450-600$ buy you pipen from local hardwere store

o and if you dont want to go threw all the trubal with welding then just buy noz use a 40shot same price same hp gains</font>

·
Registered
760 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Me too, but i doubt spell check would work. Him putting a little more time into his posts might tho

DAMN I NEVER NOTICED THIS SMILEY!!! :ghost: <TOO F***IN COOL</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>sorry but im not good at spelling but i am realy good at moding so i dont care about spelling and im at school so i have no time to chek me post so i hav to do it fast cuz i get intrable if i get coght lol lol but i still hope i helped o well</font>

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font color='#000000'>no im not mad
towrds the end of that post i was messing around...also i have a problem my head is faster then my hands so i miss letters lol
...and also gears  
 :D</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Originally posted by wil-gts@May 13 2004,9:27
<font color='#000000'>my head is faster then my hands</font>
<font color='#8D38C9'>I have that problem too!!!  But I'm usually at home so I can double check... I have a lot more trouble with that while chatting.  Get me excited on a subject or have me iming more than 3 people and I'm making mistakes left and right
</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts