Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>Lately since I've been car shopping for a Celica my mom wanted to know more about it. So we were driving home today and I said let's go to the Toyota Dealership. So we went there and there was this brand spanking new black Celica with chrome rims on it. She told me that's a nice car and I was like yea, it's a Celica also. Then she talked to the dealer a little and that car had full options(Leather, Carbon Fiber Dash, Etc.) So my brother is graduating this year and when he moves out she said she's going to get it
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Snake03GT@June 14 2003,9:52
<font color='#000000'>well apparently its a manual or you would be crying or something. good find</font>
<font color='#990000'>Yea..I wouldn't let my mom buy an automatic..Those are for losers..err I mean..</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>so the car's going to sit unsold on the lot until your brother graduates?  you canadians do things all weird...</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#990000'>She's not getting the exact car on the lot..they have like 7 of them..I'm sure one will be around.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>oh, new celica as in 7th gen.  nice find, congrats!

speaking of canadians, my friend told me how you named your country.  you picked random letters and sounded them out.  c, eh?  n, eh?  d, eh?

</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#990000'>Well..I'm not sure about Americans, but as time passes things tend to get old..

And no you rarely here a Canadian say Eh?

And so you know it's a shortened version of Hey,
For Example:
That's a nice Celica, hey?
That's a nice Calica, eh?</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>he is lying that's how they finish every other word in most of canada.
isn't that right eh?
</font>

·
Registered
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>what year is that Celica you found?
the one in the pic sure isnt 7th!!
dont get a 6th or above it wont look as good!
(no offense to ANY celica owners of any generation, its just my opinion)
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>if you want power in a car that won't kill your insurance you'll get a 7th gen.  before that it's a steep drop.</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i personally like 6th gens more than 5th gens, anything before that looks too 80's (or of course 70's as well) for me. i still respect them as being celicas but i just dont particularly enjoy looking at them. except for one of those 1st gens in the member gallery, it just looks nice to me. but i think that 7th gens still  do your insurance pretty bad. from what  my dad tells me anyway. hehe</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, the 7th gen gts do a number on your wallet in terms of insurance, but it's nothing compared to what a gt4 imported would cost.  i would either go for a 6th gen gt or a 7th gen gts.

frost, you know if the cars on the lot are gt or gts?  you'll want gts
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>FROSTEEEEEEE! Congratulations!!!
 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: That's awesome, I am so happy for you!  Automatics arn't for losers, they're for lazy people like me  :blush:   Whatever you get is gonna be great just make sure it's a gt-s like Spiffy said.  I once raced a gt that had an exhaust and probably an intake AND was manual, I was stock and I beat the crap out of him!  Oh and Frosty, no american would ever say "that's a nice celica, hey"... just "that's a nice celica," or "Hey! That's a nice celica!" :blush: "eh" is more like "isn't it?"

Spiffy: QUOTE
c, eh?  n, eh?  d, eh?[/B]
LMFAO! That's SO true!  

Ralph: They really do say "eh" all the time... my grandparents on my mothers side moved to Canada when my mom was like 3, so she and my aunts and uncle were raised there, she moved to the states when she got married and now that she's been there for 25 years she's lost most of her accent but she still occasionally does the "eh", "aboot", and "soorry".  My aunts and uncle and all of their canadian friends do the "eh" so often though!!! It's crazy!  I guess it's the same way the feel about us saying "like" all the time  :D</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>so i guess a canadian born american would say,
"like, totally... eh?"

and fonzy would say,
"aaaaaaaaaaa... eh?"</font>

1 - 20 of 35 Posts