Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in so i figured this one has the most traffic.

Anyway, i have a '94 celica...

...and i need brighter headlights. These incandecent POS's are starting to effect my night time driving. I was looking at getting a new set of Sylvania 9006st silver stars but i have a few questions.

1. Can i just buy new lamps and put them in the existing headlight housing, or do i have to spend $60 on the whole thing?

2. Does anybody know off hand if you can even remove the lamps from the original housing or is it one sealed peice?

3. If i can just swap out the lamps will there be any increased heat output that may melt wires or damage anything else?

4. Do you think it will look retarded if i stick with the same housing instead of going with a "clear" one?

If anybody has any other input on this matter it will be greatly appreciated.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Klypr@May 29 2003,9:01
<font color='#000000'>4. Do you think it will look retarded if i stick with the same housing instead of going with a "clear" one?</font>
<font color='#000000'>what the hell?</font>

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>you can replace the bulbs alone, but don't go over the stock 60watt, otherwise you will melt the wiring...been there, done that...doh!
I'm also confused about the clear housing...there isn't a bit of color on those headlights (I have a '95)...If you want to replace the whole assembly, get ready to spend some money for new ones...dealers won't even sell the seals separetely & I think they told me it would cost a couple hundred...it was a while ago, so I may be wrong
...if you want to do that, go to a yard & pull 'em yourself.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts