Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>ok, i need/want some nice bluish headlight bulbs for my 5th gen gt and i heard that i have to buy a whole new headlight assembly then i can buy the bulbs.

Is this true?</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>hyper whites, baby! *purrs* i have them. Just buy the bulbs hun. If you make everything hyper whites, (brights and all your lights) it can get pricy. like 85 bucks or something like that. Pep Boys, Auto Zone... places like that. good luck!
</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>na 5th gen is sealed beam u cant just swap out the bulb the whole housing has to be replaced with a non sealed beam housing. i can get you the conversion kit with bulbs for under 50 bucks send me a email at [email protected]</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>heh. my bad. yeah, don't listen to me... I don't teach, I just learn...  :blush:

*bows down to jhull*

:laugh:</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>haha
not all of us were lucky enouph to get lights that light up the road at night. 5th gen stock lights suck</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font color='#000000'>hell yeah and their ugly as hell...well i need other stuff before i spend fifty bucks just for new headlight lenses

but thanks for clearing that up</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font color='#000000'>but dont they make a sealed beam with a hyper white or halogen bulb inside?</font>

·
Registered
57 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Not for much cheaper than just getting the conversion kit and bulb.  And if you ever have to replace the bulb again in the future (you will) then you just have to pay for bulbs...much less expensive.</font>

·
Registered
86 Posts
<font color='#810541'>I don't know what you're guys talkin' bout. Cause I have a 91' GT (3SGE) and all I do is only exchange the bulb. Now I have the Superblue BOSCH bulbs H4. Very good ones. Improved the visibility quite a lot. One could really see it.

Have a look at
http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcLite5.asp?c=2&d=1</font>

·
Registered
86 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Wish,
no, i have the ordinary ST182 model. Nothing special. Except it's a european one  :D

I really don't know, but my system works exactly the same way as it's shown here (doesn't really matter it's a GT4)

http://www.radcastro.com/Projects/Project+ST2GT4/464.aspx

So pls have a look.

I can make a few pics if you wish. Or pls VTEC show us your system, how it works!

Thanks!</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>either the european models come with non sealed beam or someone (pretty smart) got rid of the stock pos bulbs before u got it....
</font>

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<font color='#000000'>well i'll check when i get my car later today...its been in the shop forever...but i could of sworn that in my shop manual it says i can take the bulb out...thats why i asked</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>unless someone already replaced them you have sealed beam. i sold a lot of these kits to celica owners and installed them, i would have had a lot returned if they were a non sealed beam... lol and i had none returned.
just keep in mind u get what u pay for man....
you buy a sealed beem replacement ull spend probrolly 30-40 bucks for 2 replacements, in a couple years when they go youll have to spend another 30-40 bucks again. as opposed to paying 40-50 and getting a better bulb non sealed beam u can throw leds in there (actually the ones i sell come with a led installed in each housing) and when the bulbs go you just pay 20 bucks and get new ones.</font>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts