Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Toyota Celica GT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to replace my dented hatch but am having a hell of a time finding one :(. Almost every hatch I’ve found seems to belong to a GTS that has a “built on” spoiler. Wondering if it would work to put on my spoilerless celica.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I found on my 91 GT the spoiler is a bolt on, The thing rattles so I had to remove it and put silicone under the hatch section mounting braces. Once the hatch is removed/raised there are small screws on the sides of the spoiler that can be taken off and then If you have a covering on the inside of the hatch you need to remove it to access the mounting bolts/nuts that hold the center section and then fill the small holes before you repaint to match your color. Not a difficult job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would be surprised if the GTS hatch fits the GT at all. The body lines are different in back; I think the GTS has a bigger rear window and hence the slope of the rear part of the hatch is different on the two models.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you gotten any estimates from a body shop just to repair the dent? Might be less expensive than replacing the entire piece. They can pull the dent out and resurface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts