Toyota Celica Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
you can get really good after market fenders from canada they are $100CAD $90USD for one they are unpainted but fit like a dream the company is called Cross Canada Auto Parts

·
0 Posts
Im looking for a new front air dam for my 86 celica gt. Anyone know where i can get one for a decent price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
anyone know of any mas air flow sensors that we can use in place of our stock one
the stock one is the trap door type and restricts a lot of air flow and its also cut down a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (malodin @ Apr 23 2007, 05:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=146216
QUOTE (GreyScorpion @ Apr 23 2007, 03:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=146204
anyone know of any mas air flow sensors that we can use in place of our stock one
the stock one is the trap door type and restricts a lot of air flow and its also cut down a lot.[/B]
no known replacement afm's i succesfully used an early 86/87 gts(bigger bore) afm for awhile
[/B][/QUOTE]
thats the one that i have right now is an 87 gt-s i knwo that a lot of people use ford mustang parts all the time so i was curious if anyone has done that on their celica.

·
Registered
53 Posts
they use ford mustang parts for what? i have not heard of anything like that. i know the ford probe shares a very similar afm as the celica(i haven measured anything but its almost identical)

·
Registered
49 Posts
i was talkin like on the old model 300zx that used the trap door style maf my buddy was able to take a ford mustang afm and adapt it to his (lil wiring and it hooked up) i was curious if anyone was able to do somethign like that because you know just by looking at our maf sensors that trap door robs a lot of potential power. also on the rx7s they have the trap door style like ours my other buddy was able to find a afm and wire it up. i know that there are possible ways around using the stock one. just got to figure them out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the trap door style usually has the same plugs, the thing you want to look for and measure is the pin outs, make sure the pin outs and the trap door have the same varience, after all the inside of the afm is just a variable resistor going from closed at (*) a reading and wide open at (*) another reading as long as those are similar it would be good, however most wont be and you will either end up with a rich or lean condition.

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (malodin @ Apr 24 2007, 08:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=146258
the trap door style usually has the same plugs, the thing you want to look for and measure is the pin outs, make sure the pin outs and the trap door have the same varience, after all the inside of the afm is just a variable resistor going from closed at (*) a reading and wide open at (*) another reading as long as those are similar it would be good, however most wont be and you will either end up with a rich or lean condition.[/B]
ok that makes sence im going to do some more reaserch and if i find out anythign ill post it up here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i know if you have a way to feed it more fuel, you can use the bigger trap door for more volume but you will end up running lean(more air compared to what the computer says at a given spot)

A

·
0 Posts
87 cellica gt convertible need top window + new assembly (broke side arms off the swivle hinge) cant weld alumium magnesium aka potmetal.. cant find assembly anywhere help please!
al
cape cod ma

·
0 Posts
89 celica parts!!! i believe everythings stock if there are any parts you want let me know im keeping the engine and junking the car tuesday sept 4th or wednesday sept 5th 2007 so if there is anything that you want off of it let me know give me a price and ill see what i can do. you can e-mail me here or directly at [email protected]

T

·
0 Posts
looking for tune-up items. what spark plugs/wires from other celicas will work on my 88 gt convertible? im probably going to fabricate my own cold air intake, since all the intakes i see on ebay n whatnot are just short ram systems, and i want something thats close to the ground, sucking up cold air, not warm enginebay air

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if the hood or fenders from a 1989 MR2 will fit a 1989 Toyota Celica? They look damn close and I know you can get carbon hoods and fiberglass fenders for the MR2. I'll ask my friend where he got his hood and fenders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (pasotx @ May 28 2008, 09:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=168835
Need 14 inch wheels. Someone put a different tranny and the speedo is 10 mph off.[/B]
If you upgrade the rotors and all, just take the wheels and rotors off of a Junkyard Camry then you'll have some extra stoping power too. I been thinking about upgrading mine.

Also does anyone know if the SUPRA engine will bolt up in a celica???

21 - 40 of 59 Posts