Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Ok, so you already know who won by my saying what I raced against but there is still a story to tell.  In augusta there are a bunch of those little lanes on the right side of the road that merge into the left right after the light. So we have the typical idiots that pull up in the right lane only so they can eke in front of all the people who have patience.  
I pulled up to one of these such intersections and notice a black celica 92 i think to my left in the turn lane so I give him the nod cause I have the 91 GTS and we almost matched.  Then a porsche carrera rolls up on my right.  Imediately I could tell it was one of those people who either:
a) was borrowing his dads car for a date
or
b) dad bought him the car and he knows nothing of HP, torque or anything else except that cars use gas
the guy knew his car was fast and his whole purpose in getting next to me was to be  a **** to the guy who actually bought his own car.  
The right lane merged about 500-700 ft ahead of us.  the light turned green and i punched it.  I knew he would win if he tried, and he did.  Funny thing is, it was an automatic.  I could see the car shift and he was already in third as I was halfway in second.  and right before the 600 or so ft was up he slides in front of me with inches to go resembling a move from fast and furious.  he then steps on his brakes and rides at about 35 mph on a 45!  The road widens up again so i took the golden opportunity to pass him and put it in his face.  so he gets behind me and we get stuck at another light.  He starts making fun of my exhaust to his girlfriend (probably his sister)  my guess is he said something like 'I bet that exhaust doesnt do anything for that car.'  If he knew what an exhaust was.  then we roll up to the next light, that i must turn left at, he is going straight.  there is enough room for him to move up next to me but he wont.  I guess he didnt want to hear me ask how much he paid for his car.  And to find out that a 3500 dollar car gave him that much of a problem.  1/20th the cost and about 1/5th the performance.  I like that.  If only I had a turbo.........      
   </font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Heres my Porsche story. It was around 10pm and I was going to Micky Ds for a lil snack. As I am waiting this snoby guy in a Porsche comes up next to me, hes turning too.. he looks at me and started revving his engine.. I am thinking to myself what an idoit.. the light turns green and he guns it.. pretty quick i might say! I didnt even try, the next light was red.. and I can see Micky Ds.. so I am like what the hell.. the light turns green and off i go.. he wasnt expecting it, got a lil excited and missed 2 nd i guess cause he wasnt going anywhere.. i  turn into Micky Ds before he can correct his mistake.. he flicks me off as he drives by !  :glare:  Anyhow that made my night.</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#0000FF'>yeah i also have a porsche story. i was meeting my bro for lunch when this black 911 carrera 4s pulls up next to me and i knew this guy had money cause it was rolling on 20's and had a clean ass exhaust. he was reving and reving but i was like i have no gas in the first place and my car is a couple hundred horses short of your car so i was on my way and he was on his.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i don't have a porsche story, but i was riding with my friend back when he drove a sunfire, and he was going up an inclined highway with a carrera in front of him.  suddenly the porsche takes off and exits completely leaving us in the dust.  my friend just kept on putting along and after while said, "i hope he didn't think we were trying to race him."</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Its funny how we all have a run-in with a 911 carrera. Well since ya'll told yours i'll tell mine.
I pulled up next to him at a red light in my 92 Gt not knowing what it was at first. I asked my friend and he told me to read the back. I felt kinda stupid, but anyway the light turned green and i wasn't planning on racing, but he hit the gas. I tried to at least keep up and i did until he hit third gear and then that was about it for me.</font>

·
Registered
412 Posts
<font color='#000000'>man hearing about these porsche races makes me wanna go out find one and race it.
i have always thought a porsche to be very fast. hehe. one thing i do know though i will not run the martinsville chiropractor's porsche 911 turbo(built for track racing) nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy heheh. ya'll have a good day.

woot i dont think i have the flu anymore.</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
<font color='#000000'>My Uncle just got a new boxter about a month ago and i know i'll lose but i still wanna race him. I think the boxters are much slower than the 911s so i think i might be able to keep up a little.</font>

·
Registered
263 Posts
lol i raced a porshe once too
.. and beat it too... hahaha .. well mainly cause he stalled the car.. bwhahahah
and now i dont race them anymore .. celicas----1 ... porshe------0

·
Registered
425 Posts
my dad used to have like a 70's 924.. the insurance company wouldnt even let my brother wash the car let alone drive it.. porsches are cool if you have the deniro but celicas fit my blue collar personality much better.. euro cars, well to me.. always seem to give off this "arse-hole" persona.. i like bimmers but i dont wanna be a yupi

·
Registered
169 Posts
this is the reason i want to swap/build my engine (whatever i decide to do). so i can legitimately burn the pompous, arrogant bastards that own porsches and the like. that decision was made by a man in a black 911 on I-10 while i was drivin' home from New Orleans. the bastard just looked at me like i wasn't in the same league as him - that was the first time i was like "I want my swap NOW!!!!"

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by reborn0323@Jul 5 2004, 08:34 AM
the bastard just looked at me like i wasn't in the same league as him
werd. my friend bought a rabbit with a g60 swap that's famous in the vw world. the thing's baby blue and it looks like it's about to fall apart (considering the body style's from pre-80) but that thing has beaten miatas and porsches in auto-x events. unfortunately we don't get pompous jerks around here. all the people that drive big expensive sports cars drive the speed limit and are, in general, very good and courteous drivers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
reborn: i would of found where he lived and at night took a #### on his car...
they wont know it was you.. well.. unless they took your crap in for DNA testing.. and well yeah had the money.. but seeing how he drives a proshe probaly does.. so yeah.. do it anyways !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts