Registered
127 Posts
Bigest differences....

GTS.... FASTER
GTS.... More Expensive to fix
GTS.... MORE $$$ on GaS
GTS... LOWER GAS MILAGE
GTS... PRIEMIUM GAS

I bought my GT becasue I wanted a sporty car... with lots of trunck room.... AND GOOD ON GAS!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
assuming you mean can you put a 2ZZ-GE engine (which comes in the GT-S) into a GT (removing the 1ZZ-FE engine) the answer is yes... its the only motor that is a direct fit into the 7th gen celica body (motor mounts, etc)..

that being said, i don;t see the point in doing it once you figure your cost to get the engine, and tranny (which i'm pretty sure is all you *have* to change) and then doing the installation... why not just turbo your 1ZZ-FE which will give you more horsepower than the 2ZZ-GE comes with (and from what i've heard the 1ZZ-FE is an easier angine to turbo.... however i do not know this as a fact, so i'm just putting it out there)

thats my 2 cents...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wow, it's been forever since I've posted here but hey Meryem, if you still moderate here there is one color you forgot - the most common one - Liquid Silver. Liquid Silver (1D0) was available from 2000-2002 and then Silver Streak Mica (1E7) was available from 2003-2005. Two very close colors but there is still a variation. I just thought I would note that, but all the other colors are spot-on.

Anyways, the reason I was looking is because I am shooting a music video for one of my broadcasting classes and am trying to get every single color of Celica in it. I just needed a refreshment on the color options and noticed that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, new here, but just wanted to point out, there is another color to these things that I don't see listed here. Liquid Silver Metallic, code 1D0, yes, that is a standard color code, that's the color of my 00 GTS

Also wanted to point out, they came with an optional "gold" package. The rear Toyota badge, the GTS trim out and the front end emblem were plated in 24k gold. I found that bit of information accidentally when I "flaked" the paint on the front emblem and realized what was underneath. Now they are ALL polished for that "golden" look

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i have a 03 celica gt with trd package, im wondering how hard is the disc brake conversion from drum in the back? also i have added cold air intake, throttle body spacer, dc header, short shif, 2.5in exghast, and coil overs.. I can def feel the power increase with the parts and the throttle body almost makes my car sound turbos (i have people asking me if it all the time lol) but i really want more power and i was thinking about getting the 2zz-ge swap but i already have parts on my 1zz-fe motor and was wondering if a light flywheel and a chip will help out any without having to do the swap. Im open to suggestions so let me know

·
Registered
16 Posts
why people , hide away from automatic gt celicas=? whats wrong?.. i think is so tired to drive 3 hours daily a manual tranny car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for compiling this list, just bought a 2001 Celica GT-S 220,000 miles. Replaced the hatchback glass, took forever to find the correct one. Glass companies said there was no antenna in the glass, dumb arses. haha

I just had the standard transmission kick consistently out of 6th gear, third gear is gone. Any ideas, as I'm not ready to replace that transmission but I drive this car 160 miles per day. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
assuming you mean can you put a 2ZZ-GE engine (which comes in the GT-S) into a GT (removing the 1ZZ-FE engine) the answer is yes... its the only motor that is a direct fit into the 7th gen celica body (motor mounts, etc)..

that being said, i don;t see the point in doing it once you figure your cost to get the engine, and tranny (which i'm pretty sure is all you *have* to change) and then doing the installation... why not just turbo your 1ZZ-FE which will give you more horsepower than the 2ZZ-GE comes with (and from what i've heard the 1ZZ-FE is an easier angine to turbo.... however i do not know this as a fact, so i'm just putting it out there)

thats my 2 cents...
I dont know if any one else commented on this one or not but here is me 2 cents...its not just throwing in the 2zz and done...wiring harness is diff..cluster is diff..ECU is diff.. Maff sensor is diff to me knowledge...I would also go with the disc conversion to the rear and change out the front discs as well since the 1zz has smaller front discs than the 2zz...in addition..the exhaust is diff too starting with the headers....that being said ... there are lots of people who say yay and lots who say nay to the swap, just depends on if you really want to do the swap that bad...lift is nice but other than that you have basically the same motor with the same hp in a 1zz as you do in a 2zz UNTIL..UNTIL... you hit lift...I would save the money and put a supercharger on your 1zz...Toyota makes one specifically for the 1zz and not the 2zz...with that you can still have your gas milage , zoom and lower gas prices....and yes I know there will be people who disagree with me...Im cool with that..they are entitled to their opinions too ...Mike

·
Registered
649 Posts
So i have a 03 celica gt with trd package, im wondering how hard is the disc brake conversion from drum in the back? also i have added cold air intake, throttle body spacer, dc header, short shif, 2.5in exghast, and coil overs.. I can def feel the power increase with the parts and the throttle body almost makes my car sound turbos (i have people asking me if it all the time lol) but i really want more power and i was thinking about getting the 2zz-ge swap but i already have parts on my 1zz-fe motor and was wondering if a light flywheel and a chip will help out any without having to do the swap. Im open to suggestions so let me know
the conversion is very easy and very straight forward..I kept the original e brake lines and they work just fine...took it to shop to have e brakes adjusted instead of doing it myself but other than that I did it all in our parking lot in an after noon...if you can find a wrecked one in a bone yard I would go that route since its gonna be direct fit..I took the entire part off the car and changed it all out to include the shocks...good luck...Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my celica gt about 3 months ago and so far im loving the car but i have been thinking of doing a gts swap on it, being that this is my first actual "sports car" I'm still working on learning a lot about performance parts and what can help with gaining hp. Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated greatly.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts