Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>yooooo!!!!!! im been wondering if a 94 celica GT has a GOVENOR-------->if i does can some-1 tell me where it's at that way i could take it off!!!

ok thanx :alien:</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>fat chance brotha. most cars that have a rev limiter have them right on the computers mother board. so screwing with that is a big risk. instead you should just get to work on the engine management or chip upgrades or something. unless you want to do a stand alone ecu that will let you run all the engines maps straight from a laptop(i.e. the fast and the furiouse eclipse). or unless you are going full drag with it and need to go that fast, and then you would be able to get rid of a lot of dailly driver stuff like the a/c compressor, exhaust, cat, you know those things that rob your horses. anyhow, the rev limiter doesnt cut your horses, it limits you to a set mph limit. but the factory ecu is not set to tell the engine to rev in a maner that is not somewhat economic. so if you where to get a chip upgrade or reprogram the computer the engine would be able to achieve higher rpms faster and result in more horsepower gains. try jet performance.</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts