Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6 gen convertible auto all of a sudden it started driving badly it will idle very well but no power and when forced it will rev but no higher than 3000 with misfires splutters. I have a service manual and tested all the parts also changed plugs, rotor arm, cap, igniter, also changed the guts inside the distributor as it was showing a poor ohms reading on one test from the service manual i have a throttle position sensor ordered but the readings looks good on that also. 14 is the only code i got and it wont clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 6 gen convertible auto all of a sudden it started driving badly it will idle very well but no power and when forced it will rev but no higher than 3000 with misfires splutters. I have a service manual and tested all the parts also changed plugs, rotor arm, cap, igniter, also changed the guts inside the distributor as it was showing a poor ohms reading on one test from the service manual i have a throttle position sensor ordered but the readings looks good on that also. 14 is the only code i got and it wont clear.
The problem was the ECU 2 capacitors leaking a common fault on 1990 to 1999 toyotas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.