Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Morning, just found this forum while searching for some info about the 4th Gen Cabrio and thought I'd popo in and say Hi as I noticed another on the boards.

Where are most people from this forum based is it a UK or US based place, god questions already sorry peeps...

Well having MR2's all my life and needing to save some ££ I thought I'd change to sa cheaper car, spending a lot of time on the Toyota Owners Club board it had to be a Toyota but with Gen 4 Convertibles being rare as anything in the UK (read: I can't remember ever seeing one in years) I thought I'd give it ago....

Any info on the car would be appreciated as all I know is it runs a 3S-GEL hybrid of the 3S-GE, was a conversion by ASC rather than a pure Toyota so to speak and alleged top speed is 130 with 0-60 in 8.3s and roughly 750k made in total for global distribution, any further details would be greatly appreciated....

Oh and as I was saying Hi folks
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Welcome to the boards!  Get some pictures up so we can see your celi
 I have a 7th gen and most of the people here are from the US, and like CelicaFan said Canada and Australia but there are a few others here from the UK... Ive seen em around, you'll just have to hunt a bit.
I've been to London a few times and it was nice, and since I live in Istanbul half of the year, we usually go through Heathrow.  Are you by London or somewhere else?
And hi
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>Only the one photo as of yet, the weather hasn't been friendly for taking photo's...

She's got 103.5k (miles) on the clock and still running sweet as a nut and 100% stock so no modifications. I had planned on modifying her but as she's so rare over here seems a waste of a car

Still feels strange in  an FWD car as have always driven Mr2's and other RWD cars....</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>She sure is a looker!  Very pretty, and I know all about that English weather... too rainy and cloudy for me!
I'm sure you'll get used to the fwd soon, and I understand what you mean about not modifying her, it will be hard to find parts anyways... but think of it this way, it will be an even RARER car if you DO mod it
 Whatever you decide to do, we'll be here for advice and help!
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>thx mfor the advice...

think i'm finally getting to grips with her after a weekends play, wheels screeching on most corners and balancing the power to just keep her going without the understeer, surprised both myself and the friend who was in the car at speed with which she went through corners....

Still not the quickest thing but definately turned heads when this old classic came screeching through corners at full pelt with the grip on the edge and te roof down, can't wait for next track season to start will have to see what she's like on track, already hvae the colour coded helmet with the toyota logo so should be a good giggle....

Now just need to find the seals for the roof as they decided they were getting a bit old and let all the rain, managed to suck the rain of the whole of the car and dump it on the drivers seat as well
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Yeah the celis are great at curves, almost anyone who can beat you in a race down a straight line sure as hell won't be able to on a hair-pin curve!  

Track season will be great with her I know, and the helmet sounds hilarious!  

That sucks about the rain coming in with the seals giving out, hopefully it'll be easy to fix
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>It's not that good at handling as its fwd and front engined on 14's with the soggiest suspension I've seen. Am in 2 minds as to stiffen/lower her as on one hand i wantto keep her stock a shes not that common but on the other hand want to stiffen/lower and play on track as would turn a few heads.

Spent a good few days at Castle Combe, a circuit which I now love over here in the UK and had a ball and would love to see what we can do in the old girl, I had the MR2 (rev Mk2 NA, few toys) lapping Elises on my last session out so am sure we could put a few surprise kills on the list

Friends '73 Celica is ready for track as well but he's done a lot more work on his, rally head, bored from 1.6 to 2.0, aria pistons, racing cams, tuftried crank, port-polished etc etc etc, the list goes on and on with that one
I love the shape of the old, old celicas and the sound of the twin webber 45's is awesome with a straight through exhaust....</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I'm glad you are having fun with her!

I don't know what to tell you about modding her, if I was you I'd put as much money as I can into her, but that's just me and my devilish racing side
 If you are not that type and more straitlaced and only feel like racing occasionally then leave her stock I guess... just my 2 cents...  But I def would mod her out if I was in your place

Your friend sounds like he knows what he's doing so I'm sure he'd help you out... have you made any decisions yet?</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts