Toyota Celica Forum banner

Gain power!!!

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Snowfork 
G
#1 ·
<font color='#000000'>hey i just got a 2001 Celica GT and i was wonderin what would be the best way for me to gain power. like what parts i should buy for it</font>

#2 ·
I also have a 2001 Celica Gt

I bought a Greddy Axel back Exhaust, and a K&N short ram intake. Although I haven't dyno tested it, it does feel a little peppier. Don't expect to lose a second on your 0-60, but it's good bang for your buck, especially considering you get better performance, slightly better gas milage, better responcivness better sound AND added style points. :D

#7 ·
A Cold Air Intake only works if it is a true CAI and they only work if you never drive in wet conditions.

#9 ·
weight reductions

this is the Celica's main advantage over it's rivals, it's lighter than the Integra, Eclipse, Talon, and almost every other sports coupe you can think of except an MX-5.

take out the spare and jack, put lightweight rims or steels on, carbon fiber roof, hood, trunk, Titanium exhaust, swap out your glass for plastic, remove the back seats, remove the carpet, take out the air-con and heat, take anything that is steel and make it titanium or carbon fiber, Carbon Ceramic disk brakes

if it isn't giving you more horsepower, it's just weighing your car down. think of it that way.

#10 ·
the only problem i have with weight reduction is this. if your driving your car every day then its pointless. weight reductions to this magnitude are for race spec cars. might as well remove the dash and lay a sheet of aluminum. to have a full ti exhaust. your looking at a easy 1000 bucks if not more. the carbon fiber pieces your talking about are about 500-600 dollars a pop. and cool you save prob 100-150 lbs POSSIBLY. so thats what about 2g, a decent turbo setup will run you about that, maybe alittle more.

ultimately if you want more power. your going to have to spend the cash. the build i have is reaching the 700-800HP mark. i have about 15-20G into my build so far and there is more that i want to do. you can spend that much on a 7th gen and prob only reach half the power. the problem with the 7th gen is design. the poly block wont hold the power so you have to sleeve it. toyota crapped the bed when they went with the zz series. while the 7th gen looks sharp and fast its kinda a sheep in wolfs clothing. id go with a older gen and build that up. if your looking for a power hungry beast. all in all you gotta do your home work

#12 ·
The CAI needs to feed from a cold air source, not the engine bay and the tube needs heat shielding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.