Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>So, I there I was posting on another forum about speeding tickets and, using info I got from a book writen by a guy in CA, I said that you have the right to see the radar's read out. Somebody said that there's no law like that in CA, so I called the CHP & found out that they're right...
Soo....you can get pulled over and the judge will believe their word. That's all they have to have. No proof. The officer said their word and their training is proof. I told him that's scary as hell! He basically said that all they need to do is estimate your speed, say that you're speeding & you have a ticket that you can't fight! This is horseshit!! Okay, I'll stop typing before I get pissed

...just thought I'd share
</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
said that you have the right to see the radar's read out[/B]
That guy was most likly an idiot.. I hear officers talk about that afew times aweek.
But they won't est. you going lets say 63 in a 55... Its usually alot faster then that like 70 in a 55. Plus theres ways you can est. on how fast someone is going. Like counts and stuff like that.  ;)</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>for mobile radar here the laws are pretty strict. if a copper has the radar out and is stopped what you get casught at your done for. but if it is on their vehicle and travelling they must match the speed between the radar and their speedo for 400m before booking.

thats why there was outcry when the WRX's that they were using here for a short period as partol cars were found to have inaccurate speedos so a stack of people were fined/lost license casue of incorrect readings.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts