Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>this is here to take up space.  

but if you are interested in turboing your celica ask me.</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>and what about it interests you?</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>the turbo kit i use will work</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>the one i made/make myself.
</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>What about turboing a 2000 GTS?  Or should I save my money and buy a Honda cuz toytaz are mad wakd yo</font>

B

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Ok i have some ?s for you... what does your turbo kit consist of?

and... What should i do?

I have a 92 Celica GT w/ 177k, i beat on her bad and the Engine is about to need a rebuild. When i get it rebuilt i want to get another 20-150hp out of her. My friends engine shop is doing the rebuilding. I have a few options:

a)
3sgte headswap... add intake/exhaust manifolds/ecu/turbo/accessories and custom pistons/rods/injectors/oilpan/transmission

b)
rebuild 5sfe, deck the head, port and polish, headers

c)
rebuild 5sfe add turbo kit

d)2azfe... with 5sfe tranny. to get the 2azfe to fit i would have to alter 1 engine mount. This swap has never been done. The trouble will be finding a used engine.

Im going to have about $2400 to spend total.

Think i should just buy a JDM 3sgte off the internet for $1600 shipped, then do a block swap and install it? That should run about $2500... if all goes well.

tell me what you think man.

thanks Shaun</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Okay, I have a question Red... or rather I want you to explain to me the difference between super charging and turbo charging.  I know that turbo will give more boost than super but how much more?  Is there an idea as to which one is "better" or "faster"?  What about for the car, is one healthier for the engine than the other?  What are your thoughts??</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>i know this is for red but, either will damage the engine, turbo runs of exhaust gases pushing the turbine which gets air going in to the intake, usually through an intercooler first so it cools down. Superchargers run of pulleys, the pulleys run the turbine which forces air in to the intake, as you can see, the supercharger will be running all the time since pulleys are always turning when your car is on, turbo takes time to spool up and get boost in there, i dunno about the boost thing, each can add about 40-70 hp, it all depends on boost, but for a car that isnt suppose to be with boost, then id say the safest is 10 pounds of boost, a lot more will kill the engine, or you will need a bigger turbine in turbo... but the supercharger, the higher in rpms you go the faster the pulley goes, the more boost you get... u know what im talking about? its all about making the turbine go faster lol hopefully that made sense, ill prob get eaten out but hey i tried lol</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>yeah hawk thats pretty much it,
difference is like u said sc works off a pulley thats will spool while ur at the line, so its better in that case,
turbo wont really spool with out a load and the bigger the turbo the longer it takes to spool mine wont hit full boost till about 4k rpms, but will boost up to 38psi. sence my redline is much higher The wait doesnt really kill me much. it makes off the line suck but once i spool I move. I dont know i guess a sc would be a better set up for a street driver, cause its a consistant pull. but I like the sound of the spool on a turbo.
sc's also dont raise intake tempuratures as much as turbo so they are more effienent that way.
but they say it takes more hp to run a sc, cause its more load on the engine. its like when ur cruising and then turn on the a/c, the a/c adds a load and hurts the performance. a sc doesnt turn on and off its consitantly on so its always a load, but again the difference in the intake temperatures will allow a better gain of performance.
I like turboes better, but sc's are nice as well.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>Im running a t-3/4 .57/.63 turbo. its ceramic coated to help keep intake temperatures down</font>

·
Registered
202 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Damn thats pretty sweet you must be low 13's high 12's???\

You got a web site bout your car???</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>still saving for a dyno tune

with all the mods, I should be able to create around 550hp max. thats about where the turbo will stop producing anymore
Im not sure what its gonna run 1/4 mile yet....
no web site

I gotta get some updated pics on the board. It looks much better now then it did before on the old pics.</font>

·
Registered
202 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Wow you gots yourself a pretty crazy celica....Sounds to me like woulda blown the swan out the water!</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>o yeah, cant wait to get it dyno tuned, im so excited to take it out that first time turn the boost up to 22psi and hold on for life. if that aint enouph take it to 26psi lol it all ends around 36psi. lol
but now I kinda want to try to make it rwd but then for other reasons i dont, but can u imagine the launch difference? rwd would kill the fwd launch. and rwd can do donuts fwd wont
but then i dont wanna take it out on the road and have the ass end swing out and loose the car. so I think i might start with the fwd and if i cant get happy with that then ill look into converting. Its a full interor car, with a system, so it still has some weight, but It should still be fast enouph if it aint ill start stripping.</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts