Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post. I have been trying to do research into the best/easiest way to repair the rust on my 1991 ST184. I would like to replace the carpet and while I'm at it I want to repair any rust that I know I'm going to find. How should I go about doing this? I have found that it is impossible to find 5th gen replacement body panels or floor pans still being produced and I have had no luck finding a decent donor car in my area (Upstate NY). What are my best options? Would floor pans from another Toyota also work? I don't mind having to make some modifications, and as a last resort I suppose I could use sheet metal. I do not have a ton of experience with body work so I would just like the best advice possible. Welding is not an issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nothing in the states, so you'll have to do source from one of the online junk yards or fabricate your own. Note, the lower body is coated in a protectorant/insulator.

If you want to stay stock, you could try your local dealer to see if they brewer Visibility into supply back in Japan. Or, you could try amyama or equivalent to source from Japan for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts