Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#8D38C9'>ACK!!!!  My first day back home and driving in my celi and some b!tch decides to back up into me!  I am SO mad, my whole drivers side rear quarter panel is going to need to be replaced, NO way they're going to be able to bang this dent out :down:
I went out to dinner with my brother and sister and while I was waiting for a parking spot this lady backed up into me with her Echo, and her excuse was that my car was "so low", she couldn't see it.  Bullsh!t!!!  If she had checked AL of her mirrors, she would have seen me.  So luckily there was a cop parked nearby and my brother drove over to get him to write a report (he was in his own car since he had stuff to do after dinner) and I got the whole thing written down and she's at fault though neither of us got a ticket so she'll have to pay for it, the cop even said that if he was to write a ticket, she'd get it.  I think it also helped to have my brother and sister next to me giving the same story, though I also heard that when person 1 backs into person number 2, person 1 is always at fault.  The backer-upper always is the one who'll get responsibility.  I am so pissed though, probably end up going through insurance and it's probably 600-700 worth of damage including parts a labor and paint...  I know it could be worse and we're all lucky nothing happened to either one os us but still, it's so maddening!  The worst part is, I have bits on my car that have little dings and scratches that I'd like fixed, and of course she hits a section of my car that is perfectly fine, NOT the little section 1 foot to the right where my rear bumper is scratched and gouged!

I'll let you guys know what's going on and I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.  It's a pretty big dent, I'll put my hand next to it to show you in the pics...
So I am sad  :down: my poor poor celi
</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>poor baby
it'll be ok  ;)
bumpers are easy they are just urathane covers, and paint</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv: Thanks hun

Red:  It wasn't the bumper she hit, though I do have a scratch and small dent on it... she hit my drivers side rear quarter panel.  Grrrrr!

I'll be going out to take pics in a bit to show you guys  :down:</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>wow... at least your getting it fixed.. when the girl hit my car at school, she ran and i tried to get them to fix it but they didnt, they kept giving me the run around, so i didnt get it fixed....
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#8D38C9'>It's NOT my bumper, it's my rear quarter panel!

Thanks Ralph and Hawk... yeah she better pay, I have a police report for proof!

Here are pics for you, I wanted to do images but I was too lazy to upload them anywhere else than tripod, so you'll have to click the links

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/DSC00027.JPG

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/DSC00028.JPG

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/DSC00029.JPG

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/DSC00030.JPG</font>

·
Registered
20 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
Sorry to hear about the car.  I just bought my Celica and it had the same damage. I spent 2 days fixing the dent and am having a friend do the filling and primer.   The buddy I bought the car off had the same thing happen to him somebody backed into him at Pizza Hut and he was so upset he didn't want to even look at his car anymore.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#8D38C9'>Jlavine:  Well I have NO experience doing body work, so I wouldn't be able to do it myself

Wish:  Thanks hun, that's what my family said too, thank God it was a little dent and not skidding on ice across 2 lanes on the thruway during rush hour... for instance

Speaking of... my friend said they probably won't replace the panel, they'll probably bang it out and then smooth it with bondo and then repaint it, is this true?  Can I make them replace the panel?  I'd rather have a new panel cuz it was fine until SHE hit it!  Info and feedback please!  :eek:o:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#8D38C9'>Thanks anyways... it just seems everytime I get something taken care of, something else gets messed up, so I'm a bit frustrated.  This is going to be the 3rd time she's been in the shop for body work since I got her new in 2001
 That's like... an accident a year!  Plus I had problems with tires, engine lights, etc...  :eek:o:</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>sorry bout all that bad luck mereyem. seems like how my car has been recently. fixing one thing after the other. but mne is old so it is expected i guess. just hurts the wallet. lol. anyways hope everything turns out ok</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
<font color='#000000'>If you have a friend who is a mechanic, then he can give an insurance quote to replace the quarter panel.  Most places will try to do it as cheaply as possible probably, tell them that insurance will pay for it, and I'm sure they will happily put as much money into it as possible.  
What a great country we live in.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font color='#8D38C9'>Z:  Thanks hun... :down:

Wish:  Yeah, I know what you mean.  Maybe a regular body shop wouldn't change the whole panel but maybe the dealer would...  I'm going out to get estimates today, woop de doo...  :upside:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#8D38C9'>Jaz: Thanks sweetie...

Okay so I spent a few days last week going and getting some estimates.  I called the lady up today and asked her whether she wanted to go through insurance or just pay me the money so that we didn't have the accident on our records.  She asked how much the estimates were and I told her they range from $1800 - ~$2,000.  She said that she was a single parent and couldn't pay me and to do it through insurance.  So I called my insurance company right when I was done talking to her and filed my claim.  So now I'm just waiting for her to file with her insurance company and they'll probably send an agent over to check my car out and make sure that I'm not trying to cheat her out of her money or something.  Then I'll get it taken care of right away.

I already had a ding on the back of that panel rightunder my taillight and I'm glad that will be gone, then I can probably get the rest of my rear bumper fixed for one or two hundred on my own.  I also have to get my door repainted cuz when it was hit they repainted it they did a crappy job and it's rusting and bubbling and sh!t.  I don't want to take it back there because they did a bad job on my door.  My dealer is REALLy great though and had a good price on the panel and they even said that they'd redo my door for free since the other guys screwed up!  So that has me stoked...

So if I can get my door redone for free, and have her insurance pay for my panel, and then just have to pay for my bumper, maybe I can do my front bumper too because that's pretty scraped up on the passengers side.  I wasn't going to do it because I thought I would get a kit, but it looks like that won't go through til the fall time.

Whew!  Okay enough rambling... I needed to get that all out
</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts