Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 ST and I cant find any exhaust for it...  Every company makes one for the GT but not the ST... will the GT exhaust fit the ST???

NoVa

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
depending on the shop you go to, custom catback pipe should run you about 200-300 bucks, then tack on the cost of a muffler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is a new pipe really gonna help that much if its cat back, or is it the muffler thats going to do the job.  I read somewhere that actually new headers are what really gets the bad air out, but damned if I could find headers for my ride

NoVa

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
cat back really wont do anything, sence we have manderal bend piping already, inless you have a turbo there is no reason to go with a larger exhast, its all in the muffler and header. oh yeah make sure you get a better filter at the same time if you really want to take full advantage of this mod.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
better filter... ok Im lost, better filter for what???  so really I dont need to worry about the piping?? that would definitely cut down on cost, and come on Im a college student so well ya know..  kewl.. well jhull did you look at the intake on evilspeed.com cuz I wanted to know your opinion

NoVa

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
i have the dr. cai intake from evilspeed.com, john dolecek sold me the first one.  i haven't installed it yet, but john uses it personally at the tracks, and from what i hear from people who have installed it, it sounds great and you can definitely feel it.  as far as exhausts go, in a car like the st, it's not worth it to spend much more than 200 bucks for a system, even if for headers.  most people i know go with greddy catback, which is made for the gt, but will fit on the st.  jhull's right tho, without a turbo, there's no need to go with larger exhaust unless you want it to sound nicer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts