Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had error codes P0441 and P0446 for awhile now, for Incorrect Purge Flow and 'Vent Control Circuit' of my EVAP system. I hunted down some of the parts in the system today and noticed something weird. It looks like the purge valve is loop connected to itself with only one line going out into a unit which then only connects to my CAI tube. The other unit, the canister valve, which is zip tied to it has two red hoses going out, one towards the back of the car, presumably to the EVAP charcoal box, and the other into the intake manifold. This seems odd to me....the canister valve is meant to vent excess pressure into the atmosphere, not into the intake manifold, and the purge valve is meant to vent the gases into the intake for burning, yet it is LOOPED to itself with only on line going into my CAI tube. This doesn't make sense to me. It would be great if someone could help me figure this out, b/c i think the previous ******* did this wrong when he was installing the CAI but I'm not entirely sure.

A diagram of the EVAP system: http://muffler.first-looks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/91.jpg

Picture of what the purge valve should look like:

Some pictures of my engine bay and the valves:

· Registered
5 Posts
The valve whit the two red hose is your canister purge valve and is connected from the canister to your throttel body because of emission control. And the other i think is for the butterfly valve when you got the stock air box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts