Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this form I'm very grateful to be here. My question is I have a 1977 ra 29 lift back. I have the little ESP computer showing oil level. The idiot light for the oil pressure turns off and stays off and I'm also check the dipstick it's all the way to the top. Does that have another sensor that I must replace or does it work off of the oil pressure switch from the idiot light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this form I'm very grateful to be here. My question is I have a 1977 ra 29 lift back. I have the little ESP computer showing oil level. The idiot light for the oil pressure turns off and stays off and I'm also check the dipstick it's all the way to the top. Does that have another sensor that I must replace or does it work off of the oil pressure switch from the idiot light.
Hi There. I have a 76 RA29 and I believe that it is a separate sensor…it wouldn’t make sense that Toyota would use the idiot light sensor for ESP. Remember the ESP is a level indicator, not a pressure indicator as in the case of the idiot light. Once you find the sensor, you may need to check for voltage and for a proper ground. If both are present, simply ground the incoming wire to see if the light turns off. This will tell you whether its the sensor or the ECU. Email me directly if you have questions. [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts