Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I think that the GT and the GTS already are the same engine, only the GTS has some sort of Timing ECU difference that gives it more hp, and a turbo. It would be a hell of a lot easier to just plop in a turbo and a get jet chip rather than to swap a whole engine.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>In the states the gt and gts have the same engine same ecu, niether of them have turbos. i dont know what its like overseas...
the alltrac (gt4) model is turbo</font>

·
Registered
31 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Yeah, found out you are right about the turbo and ecu. But is is definately the same engine. So, if I were you, I would focus on getting performance upgrades for your current engine, and not worry about a big, expensive swap.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>It's more efficient to turbo a 7th gen GT than GTS, the stock compression on the GT is better for turboing than the GTS, it's not gonna stop me though!  My wallet might...

It's only worth swapping the GTS engine into the GT if you have manual.  Don't bother if you have auto.  An auto GTS is about the same as a manual GT, lift is only a little boost and for general road driving it's doesn't come into play that much.

If you have a manual GT go for a manual GTS.

If you keep the stock gt engine get a  good exhaust, and then either a turbo, or a cai and headers and I think someone out there has started to make new cams for the GT as well.  None yet for the GTS.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>wait a sec....
I think he has a 5th gen celica.
what year does he have, cause were all talking about different generation celicas.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>well i think 6th gen is the only gen that doesnt have a gts option so we know he doesnt have a 6th gen....</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts