Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hello,
Anyone have knowledge of how this engine swap turns out when finished, and any advice on potential issues...
This engine....
MR2/Celica 91-95 Turbo 3S-GTE    
1998cc EFI DOHC 16-valve 4cyl turbo  
• Power: 225hp @6000rpm  
• Torque: 304Nm @3200rpm  
• Transmission:  4WD east-west mount and mid mount 5 speeds  =$1799.00 USD  
..into the earliest Celica body that has the round duel headlights.
Thank you !</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>sounds to me like you want to swap the 2nd gen 3s into a 6th gen celica.  better to get the whole 3s clip, not just the engine.

i know of one person who has done this swap for the 6gen, and far as i know is the first person that did it.  unfortunately, his engine bay burst into flames whilst driving the highway a few months ago.

i say go for it, it's every celica owner's dream mod.  just be prepared for a lot of work, or a lot of money if you're going to have somebody else do it.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>either get the hole clip, or get a engine management system.. the clip will provide u will all the sensors, if u dont get it then the engine management will allow u to not have to use all the sensors, and then u can run ur stock harness and modify it so the wiring isnt half as bad then.. so i would go with the engine management... also the awd tranny is really no good for u, u cant have awd..
but im sure that u could sell it to someone that needs it, and get urself another 5sfe tranny build it up a little and it would be fine</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>:kungfu: Very Kool site here, just found it and finding a lot of interesting reading. 2 years ago purchased 97 gt in Toronto and keep it mint condition, candy apple red, dark tint, momos on new michelins. Car itself is extremely nice drive with 40,000 miles but would like to know if there are any easy modifications to bring up power, I know these cars are really slow off the line till u grab 3rd but at 145 horse I would like to have a little more jump.
I guess in hindsight I should of bought a GTS but this was so nice when it was 3 years old and hardly driven.
One other question I have is it possible to install a new modified gts engine right in the 97 or are the Computer Mods a lot different, I know this engine is still great shape and actually it is spotless with no oil anywhere and runs great.
But still its only 145 horse in a pretty heavy car for its size.
Any follow ups would be great and keep up the good work on your site,,it [email protected]</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts