Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>A friend of mine has a 5th generation celica, I am not sure of the model year or trim line. Would a 3SGTE engine and manual tranny be basically bolt on? Right now it has an automatic tranny, and I do not know what kind of engine it is, I am going to check it out tomorrow. I heard that the 5th gen celicas came with 3SGTE engines in Japan. So basically I would just like to know if I can put in the 3SGTE engine and a manual tranny with no/minor modifications to the body and engine bay. Thanks</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>it would bolt in, but with the engine you also need the ignitor, computer, harness, mass air meter, intercooler, and of course the exhast. I might be forgetting things.the fuel pump in his celica should also be swapped out to ensure a good fuel pressure with the 440cc injectors. the engine will bolt in but the harness is different so you will have to cut some wires and splice them. also the awd option isnt gonna work out for him. unless he buys a lot more, for now he'd have to just run fwd and block off the rwd axle. if you do a search you should find a lot of posts about this swap</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts