Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>HOW DO YOU DOUBLE CLUTH? I KNOW THEY DO IT IN THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS,BUT THET DON'T TELL YOU WHAT TO DO! I WISH I KNEW HOW TO,AND WHEN YOU DO IT,DOES IT MAKE YOU GO FASTER? WELL IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE LET ME KNOW,I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH! THANKS!!!</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>push the clutch in, put the stick in neutral, let off the clutch, blip the throttle, push the clutch back in, put the car back into gear.  double clutching doesn't make you go faster at all, it comes from cars that don't use synchros and require you to push the clutch in and out to disengage/engage the gears.  also useful when going from fourth to second suddenly when you want to check out some chicks without stripping your gears.</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>movie people just say #### to sound cool but if you are looking for what they are probably thinking about in thee movie is that instead of letting off the gas every time you change gears you would just keep it to the floor, engage the clutch, change gears, drop the clutch. if you do it at the wrong rpm or you do it to slow you are going to enter the next gaer pretty rough though but do it right and you can get through you rgears pretty quick.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by sleepy_b@Jan. 17 2003,7:13
<font color='#000000'>movie people just say #### to sound cool but if you are looking for what they are probably thinking about in thee movie is that instead of letting off the gas every time you change gears you would just keep it to the floor, engage the clutch, change gears, drop the clutch. if you do it at the wrong rpm or you do it to slow you are going to enter the next gaer pretty rough though but do it right and you can get through you rgears pretty quick.</font>
<font color='#000000'>also called powershifting, useful if you have a turbo, reduces spool lag.  not too useful in na cars tho...</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
Originally posted by stspiffy+Jan. 18 2003,9:59-->QUOTE (stspiffy @ Jan. 18 2003,9:59)
<!--QuoteBegin-sleepy_b
@Jan. 17 2003,7:13
movie people just say #### to sound cool but if you are looking for what they are probably thinking about in thee movie is that instead of letting off the gas every time you change gears you would just keep it to the floor, engage the clutch, change gears, drop the clutch. if you do it at the wrong rpm or you do it to slow you are going to enter the next gaer pretty rough though but do it right and you can get through you rgears pretty quick.
also called powershifting, useful if you have a turbo, reduces spool lag.  not too useful in na cars tho...[/B]
almost like power shifting but when u powershift u dont use the clutch u just slap that #@%$# in gear. and then buy a whole new tranny after you did it. but the part about less lag on turbo is the same.</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yes, movies are rarely accurate in their attepts to be "down with the streets".  Fast and the Furious, great movie, but brought a lot of people who really don't know what their doing to the races...then again, why complain when there's $$$ to be made  :devil:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by sleepy_b+Jan. 19 2003,1:14-->QUOTE (sleepy_b @ Jan. 19 2003,1:14)
<font color='#000000'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2003,9:59
<!--QuoteBegin-sleepy_b
@Jan. 17 2003,7:13
movie people just say #### to sound cool but if you are looking for what they are probably thinking about in thee movie is that instead of letting off the gas every time you change gears you would just keep it to the floor, engage the clutch, change gears, drop the clutch. if you do it at the wrong rpm or you do it to slow you are going to enter the next gaer pretty rough though but do it right and you can get through you rgears pretty quick.

also called powershifting, useful if you have a turbo, reduces spool lag.  not too useful in na cars tho...
almost like power shifting but when u powershift u dont use the clutch u just slap that #@%$# in gear. and then buy a whole new tranny after you did it. but the part about less lag on turbo is the same.</font>[/B]
<font color='#000000'>nah nah dude, that's just shiftless clutching.  if you do it right it won't hurt your tranny.  i've had to do it once in my friend's prelude.  unfortunately, i didn't do it right and ruined his tran
 i got us home tho
</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts