Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My celica's engine kind of shakes when i rev it to 2500rpm in neutral, but any higher or any lower it runs smooth. Is that the motor mounts or something else? Do the motor mounts need to be changed as part of maintenance? Ive never changed motor mounts on any car before.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine has 190k on it now and is vibrating so bad in idle that the whole motor is shaking and this is causing the hood to vibrate up and down violently. Do you think its the mounts?
Watch the rpm. If the IAC valve gets clogged or dirty, idle tends to drop down below 500rpms. It's a suuuuuper rough ride

·
Registered
120 Posts
If the car shakes or vibrates with engine on and transmission engaged in any gear out of Park, then it is likely one of the engine mounts.

If car vibrates when in Park or Neutral then it's the engine running rough by itself, not loose or worn engine mounts.

Engine may run rough due to .any or combined factors due to air, fuel, fire. The car needs a tune up.

1. Check spark plugs, if not nice, clean, brown then engine is out of tune. Replace plugs, clean plugs' wells.
2. Check ignition coils and cables.
3. Replace air filter, clean MAF.
4. Clean throttle body

1 - 8 of 8 Posts