Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>As you may have read, we're working on a partnership to provide a wider selection of decals & more colors to choose from. So, if you have any ideas, let's have 'em!

I'm already planning on taking some of the designs from the shirts & other merchandise, such as the "Got VVTi?" etc. Your ideas may also be used on the other merchandise as well...</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I couldn't tell ya, I got it off of a flyer that someone was using, there wasn't an artist name or anything on it or a copywright. Here's the "original" before I photochopped it
</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>hmmm...notice the "got lift?"  :suspect:

I think I can recreate that & make it original

now, if we can only find every generation...post 'em here if you find 'em
 I thought those would be great for t-shirts, until I found a site that sells shirts w/ in that style for most makes/models & I decided not to mess w/ anything copyrighted, but I think I can recreate 'em...
oh & the bigger the image, the better
</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#000000'>okay, things are rollin'...the page is set up on their end & I'll be able to integrate it in about 2 seconds...and I'll get the logo to them tonight, or whenever I find out what size/dpi they need it in. There are minor fixes that need to be made to the page before we can take it live...but those are very minor

They will be able to do green decals & as for the vinyl sheets, they can get wood & white carbon fiber, but I'm not sure how that will work out since I think it's a special order for them...

so, let's see some more ideas...
</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font color='#000000'>That's not something we'd be able to do right now, but may be able to work towards it in the future...
I guess I would need exact measurements, otherwise light would leak through, right? the sheets of vinyl aren't available in solid colors, so you wouldn't even be able to do-it-yourself unless you wanted carbon fiber or white carbon fiber
</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Who sells the fiberglass eyelids? I can't find anybody who sells those! Its all the lame plastic crap, I need the real stuff.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>TRD are the only ones that made eyelids out of fiberglass that fit (they came prepainted too, so you can tell the difference between real ones and fakies).  Anyone else (like www.erebuni.com) usually has warped ones or they don't fit right.  The only suggestion I have is to look into getting them from an importer or a toyota dealer that still has some Fizz in New York for example.  TRD japan still makes them.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>QUOTE
I guess I would need exact measurements, otherwise light would leak through, right?[/B]
If you had lets say one fiberglass eyelid, couldn't you just trace it with the vinyl on it then cut it? If you could that, I'd buy it and try it out. (Carbon fiber ofcourse)</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font color='#000000'>I suppose that could be done...I was worried about the roundness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there flat areas around the edge & then it 'bubbles' (for lack of a better word) out in the middle? So taking a flat piece of vinyl & shaping it around that 'bubble' would make it wrinkle or overlap on the sides...
If I had the money & a 7th gen, I'd give it a try
</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>What if I mailed you a set that were pre-cut in vinyl, then all you would have to do is trace the pattern, would that work?</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by CelicaFan@Jan. 30 2003,9:25
<font color='#000000'>okay, things are rollin'...the page is set up on their end & I'll be able to integrate it in about 2 seconds...and I'll get the logo to them tonight, or whenever I find out what size/dpi they need it in. There are minor fixes that need to be made to the page before we can take it live...but those are very minor

They will be able to do green decals & as for the vinyl sheets, they can get wood & white carbon fiber, but I'm not sure how that will work out since I think it's a special order for them...

so, let's see some more ideas...
</font>
<font color='#000000'>CelicaFan, great pics (especially the bike
), but be careful about the copyright.. just because the pics may not have the little c on there or a name, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't legally coprighted, I'd check out the page and the site to be sure.  For example, in a book for school, etc. where there are different exhibits attached, etc. from other people's work, that page may not be copyrighted that they put in the book, but wherever they got it from, that book may be.  Or, in turn, it may just be on the cover of the book and not every page, just cya, don't need any suits...</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Mr.J@Jan. 31 2003,10:30
<font color='#000000'>What if I mailed you a set that were pre-cut in vinyl, then all you would have to do is trace the pattern, would that work?</font>
<font color='#000000'>or you could buy the sheet of vinyl & do it yourself

I won't have anything in stock. It's basically the same idea as CafePress, where they handle all of the order processing, customer service, billing, etc. I just get a commission.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at...</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Ok, gotcha!  I thought maybe you were buying the vinyl and designing stuff yourself, my mistake.</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts