Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 Celica quits intermittently and it's driving me nuts. I tested it on the side of the road and it's NOT firing when it does this. It did it quite a few times when first bought it over a year ago, and I let it sit for a couple of months then drove it all winter with no issues, and all summer too but it did it again a few days ago. Back when it did it after I first bought it, I put a new ignition control module, and new coil on...still didnt help.:mad:

SO, now I just bought a new EGR valve, coolant temperature censor, and a crankshaft position censor. A few diagrams I've saw online show it to be just to the right (looking at the side of the motor, right being towards the front bumper) of the crankshaft pulley, but its not there, unless its hiding under the timing cover. I had Autozone print me out a diagram which shows it to be on the firewall side of the motor way up away from the crankshaft pulley. I bought a book for it but it hasnt came in the mail yet.

Also, im wondering, if I DO have to remove the timing cover, I guess I will replace the timing belt. I also notice a lot of timing belts come as a kit with a water pump, so i'm assuming a lot of people just go ahead and replace the water pump too while they're in there?

Sorry to write an essay for my first post. :eek:

· Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if this will help , we had a similar problem and what it turned out to be was the wire from the crankshaft position sensor had chafed thru and was gounding out intermittantly and it would stop dead when it did . took 3 weeks of searching to find the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts