Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
???          Ok...       I want to turbo charge my car,  but i have the 3s-fe   ive heard that isnt the best motor to do it with, since the crank is weaker and higher compresion ratio and stuff like that,  well  what if i took the 3s-Fe block and put the 3s-GTE internals including head and everything
would it all bolt up?  or is some of that stuff not the same?  like taking the crank from a turbo MR2 and puting it in my 3s-fe block ,    will it bolt in?

thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
those engines have the same exact blocks, so everything internal in the 3sgte will bolt into the 3sfe, the head is even a bolt on... but ull still need a computer and harness... why not just swap the engines?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the exhaust manifolds bold up the same?     I am gonna go stand alone computer,       I would rather just build up my spare 3s-fe  to use for turbo,   and i can get the internals prety cheap
so i would rather do that    

thanks  :)

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
yep the exhast manifolds are the same bolt pattern.. the stand alone is deffiently a good idea.. but make sure you get a crank trigger... lol i tried using the stock one in the distributer and it wont work for a stand alone.. so here i am waiting for the new one to come in

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey man thanks alot, This is a good thing,   Cause im buying 1987 GT as a Parts Car mainly for the 5-speed, but it has the 3s-fe just like mine, so instead of buying a whole new motor, my idea is to just fix up that 3s-fe and convert it to a turbo motor,  mabby someday ill stroke it
read my other post if you wanna know what im doing to my car, I have some good plans, but nobody has replied,   I gotta go c-ya

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
cool man, defiently let us know ur progress.. first thing to swap will be the head and computer.. that would give you a redline of 7400 rpms and about +40hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts