Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#810541'>Hey i have a question.... has anyone ever made a custom cold air intake for the 5sfe in a 90 GT? if so could u tell me what you used.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>It's not that hard, just get some plastic or aluminum tubing (4 or 5inch diameter) and put a K&N filter on the end.  get some hose clamps and some round rubber peices and slap it together.</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>dude do not use plastic to make the intake. the plastic could get hot and start to smoke and then you would be pulling toxic smoke into your engine. here is a link to one of the best descriptions i have ever seen on making a custom cold air intake. it has a list of everything you need includeing part numbers and stuff. and its cheap to build.

custom cold air intake

when you get to the first page choose "how to" from the menu then it will bring up a bunch of other stuff, choose "make your own cold air intake" and then thats it your on your way.

make sure you read the whole thing before you do it. you car has different measurements than the one they used for the demo so you will need to figure those out on your own. good luck.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000000'>You can use plastic but it has to be high temp platic.  Iceman makes all of theirs out of plastic and haven't had any problems.</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i guess your right but when i here plastic i think pvc. thats kinda tacky.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts